Eg18-ea reset to default config

I would like to understand how I can restore the default settings of my LTE module,
after restarting the router without losing internet connectivity :

AT
OK
ATI
Quectel
EG18
Revision: EG18EAPAR01A12M4G

I read about this command:
AT+QPRTPARA=3
in this post:

which for now I have not carried out as I do not have sufficient knowledge to evaluate the risks associated with it.

would connectivity be automatically restored when the router is restarted (4G signal permitting)?
does my lte module support the command ?
What are the implications of the command ?
Can I run it without saving the settings ?
If I wanted to save the settings to a text file, what should I do ?

currently my lte module queried with command (show this):
AT+QPRTPARA=?
+QPRTPARA: (1-4)

Thanks in advance to anyone who wants to answer me and I apologize in advance if the question may have been misplaced.

Thank you

If the modem is a chip soldered on the board it is not advisable to give these commands, at most AT&F : Factory Default Settings Restorable with “AT&F0”
AT+QCFG=“nvrestore”,0 similar but safer than AT+QPRTPARA=3
AT+QPRTPARA=3 will factory wipe your modem, including rewriting the original IMEI ,Restore factory settings,The Module will learn BAND and APN settings from the SIM card
AT+QPRTPARA=1 forces the modem to start saving all parameters to NVRAM properly, also Reset non-volatile memory
“AT+QPRTPARA=4” read the number of CEFS file system restores and the number of bad blocks in the efs partition
AT+QPRTPARA=2 - force the backup of system parameters to flash
if the second value of AT+QPRTPARA=4 i.e +QPRTPARA: 1,0,557,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 is a higher number not zero , your modem has many bad blocks.

In the meantime, thanks for replying

I don’t know if the LTE module is soldered or not, the router is this:

I had already tried the AT&F0 command but I still detect changes previously made by me with the AT+QCFG=“band” command, so I don’t know if the command can restore the default settings or not.

do you have some advice ?

so you’re telling me that the settings could be taken from the SIM inserted inside the router?

if so, how can I understand which settings have been saved on the inserted SIM…

I didn’t understand how healthy the module is?

AT+QPRTPARA=4
+QPRTPARA: 1,0,483,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

1,0,… no bad blocks
AT+QPRTPARA=3 & 2 never used but found in undocumented…
AT+QPRTPARA=1 used but on a M2 version aka into Mikrotik lhgg 18.
AT&F0 reset most but not all the given commands.
I suggest to not force commands into the modem because it is soldered and cannot be restored as the removable M2 or mpcie cards.

Thank you for the valuable information

I will try to ask someone who has this router to post me the output of the AT+QCFG=“band” command in order to align it with parameters that I assume will be standard (if the person has not changed the configuration)

unless you tell me if there is any better alternative…

Unrelated to the router, the band set is specific to the modem and you already know what should be there.

Quectel_EM12-G_AT_Commands_Manual.pdf same for 18

mine is +QCFG: “band”,0x5af0,0x2000001e0bb1b39df,0x0 on a EM12, tere are hex composite format i.i if you want 1+3 the hex associated is +QCFG=“band”,0x0,, (1,3,20) 0x1,0x4,0x80000 (28) 0x8000000
so nd. (eg.: 0x80005=0x1(LTEB1)+0x4(LTE B3)+0x80000(LTE B20))

I know the value very well

1A0080800D5

it was the previous one that I had some trouble decoding

"band",0x8d0,0x1a0080800d5,0x0

however, another person who has the same router as me confirmed that he has it 0x8d0 into WCDMA freqencies

If you’re talking about <bandval>, then it is irrelevant if you use LTE (where only <ltebandval> matters).

ok

I didn’t know it could be irrelevant

Thanks again