EG06-E Keeps Freezing

I have a device running Linux with an EG06-E device. I use the device as a WAN gateway to access the internet, with NAT for devices behind it. Sometimes, causing certain kinds of traffic makes the device unresponsive, and the only way to restore the connection is to cut power to it and turn it back on. Is there any way to debug this issue? I am on firmware EP06ELAR04A20M4G

hi,
May I ask what types of traffic caused the device to not respond, and I can provide you with a new firmware update to try.

Thank you for the reply. It seems that traffic such as a Wireguard tunnel, with the MTU larger than what the device is configured with. For example, if the interface’s MTU is 1460 and my packets are 1500, the modem freezes. The same has happened without Wireguard, for example, in a Microsoft Teams call, it usually dropped.

Meanwhile, I’ve noticed this behavior happening if the device is in QMI mode, but since then I’ve switched it to MBIM mode and while the problem still happened, it only happened sometimes, it’s now better but it still happens.

hi,

1. The problem of disconnection may be caused by poor network environment.
  2. Qmi and mbim are two different dialing methods. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages. You can choose the appropriate one.
    thanks