EC2x kernel mod

I’m using rpi3 last kernel 4.19.97 and I’d like to understand which of the kernel modifications, from the linux drivers manual, are really needed today.
1- Vid and pid Im sure, there is no need to change, they are already defined.
2- I cant see the “bInterfaceNumber >= 4) return -ENODEV” thing but I see the net and sound devices correctly(I think).
3- The raw ip thing in the qmi_wwan.c maight already be done as well since I see quectel and some ec2x reference in the file.

Also multiple times in the linux driver manual, you say that we can use scripts from quectel or from busybox, scripts like default.script, ip-up and others. But the 2 version of the scripts are different… really doesnt matter wich one i pick ?
I think you should update the manuals. Thanks.

Dear Jackde,
Thanks for your inquiry in Quectel forum.
Thanks for your suggestion on how to modify our Linux driver manual. We will update the document as soon as possible. Thanks!
About the script, you mean the PPP script ? You can choose the script provided by Quectel or use the common script according to your decision. Thanks!

Ok thanks, but i still dont know wich one kernel mods are needed…

Hi Kyson,
Is any updated document for EC20 linux driver ready?

Sorry that the document still under checking, going through the approval process now. Thanks!

Please let me konw when released. Thanks!

It is hard to say, because the process is hard to control. So it is better to go on your test without just waiting for the document. You know other customer also just refer to the existed document to debug the module successful. Thanks!

Any updates on this?

Please check the following document. Thanks!
Quectel_LTE&5G_Linux_USB_Driver_User_Guide_V2.0.pdf (564.5 KB)