EC25 QuecOpen change DEBUG UART

Hi,

I was wondering if it was possible to change to DEBUG UART on the EC25 when using QuecOpen ?
Instead of using pins 11 and 12 for the DEBUG UART, use another UART that is not used (pins 133 and 134 for example). I imagine that would require modifying the DTS files.

The reason I’m asking is because we have wired 3 UARTS on our boards including the default DEBUG UART. The only UART of the 3 that we do not use is the DEBUG UART. So instead of redoing the circuit board to get an extra UART out we would prefer rerouting the DEBUG UART in the software to another UART (that wouldn’t be connected to anything on our circuit board) and use the pins 11 and 12 as a normal UART.

I do realise it is written in one of the QuecOpen documents

Debug the serial port, do not modify

But not knowing why that is written, we were hoping that if we put the DEBUG on another UART than the original one it would be ok.

Best regards,

HN

by default printf() is redirected to ADB port ( usb )

Hi hnott,

Do you mean you want to turn debug uart to a normal uart? If yes, there’s a way to do this, and please send me the firmware version you’re using.

Br,
Zach

Hi @Zach.zhang-Q,

I’m using QuecOpen EC25EFAR06A01M4G_OCPU_01.001.01.001_SDK on a EC25_E.
Yes I’d like to turn the DEBUG UART into a normal UART. But I no longer want the system logs to come out on that UART.
I imagine the system logs would have to be redirected to another UART right ?

Best regards,

Harold N

Hi @hnott,

If you apply this way to turn debug uart to a normal uart, debug uart would print nothing except some PBL and SBL messages as figure below shows. And you need to login via adb to enter debug mode. And if this is what you want, I’ll send the instruction to you.

Br,
Zach

1 Like

@Zach.zhang-Q,

Thanks that is indeed what I want and I’d be very grateful if you could send me the instructions.
Just wanted to make sure this would not be a problem for testing or passing product certifications since it was written in one of the documents “don’t change this UART config”.

Best regards,

Harold N

Hi Harold,

Sorry that I can’t make any promise that whether if this would be a problem for testing or passing product certifications. What I can provide is the method to modify this, if you need this, I will send it to you via email.

Br,
Zach

@Zach.zhang-Q,

Please go ahead and send me the documents by e-mail (I imagine you have the e-mail).
Thanks a lot.

Harold N

Hi Harold,

The instruction was already sent to you, please check it.

Br,
Zach