EC25 - low power mode

Hi all,

Would like to ask regarding a low-power mode.
We have a use case in which our device with the EC25 module in it is not using the cellular connection MOST of the time, but once in a while it should receive LTE packet from the network and reply on it.
We need the modem to work in the most efficient, low power mode as possible as 95% of the time the modem is not in use and we would like to save on the battery power.

So we can’t shut the modem down, because it still should get the packet once in a while.
I have read about the ''AT+QSCLK" command, but not sure whether the modem in that sleep mode will still be able to receive the LTE packet from the network.

Would like your recommendation on the topic,
Thanks!

During data interaction, the module network is in the connection state, and then enters the idle state for paging. In the idle state, data can be received and sent at any time. If you want to enter the low power mode, execute AT+CFUN=0, then turn off the RADIO frequency part of the modem, and the module will not be able to send and receive data. Therefore, if you still need to keep data receiving, you will not be able to use the low power mode.

Thanks!
Maybe there is other Quectel modem other than EC-25 that will be able to achieve the described low power mode(keep receiving data while being in such mode)?

No, idle states do not have low power characteristics

Regarding this topic, I wanted to ask regarding the low power mode:
What did you mean by “turning the radio frequency” off?
Isn’t AT+CFUN=0 should shut it?

And what is the difference between this(AT+CFUN + radio off) and ''AT+QSCLK" command in terms of low power mode?

The power consumption should be different?

Thanks!

AT+CFUN=0 means to turn off the modems and transceiver units of the module; AT+QSCLK=1 indicates that the cpu of the module can enter the sleep state

Thanks, I’m need to understand the power consumption difference between ‘AT+CFUN=0’ and the sleep state modes.
From this datasheet: https://www.quectel.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Quectel_EC25_Series_Hardware_Design_V2.4.pdf

Do I read it correctly that ‘AT+CFUN=0’ mode results in a lower power consumption than other sleep mode states ?

Thanks!