EC25-E not found - Emergency Mode?

Hi,
I have an LTE Router with Openwrt Firmware. The EC25-E mpcie Module is no longer recognized.
I tested a lot, and the Module gets 3.3 V Voltage. It’s not found in Openwrt, I suspect the EC25-E firmware is defective.
No /dev/cdc-wdm0 device is found and there is no TTYUSB.
Is there an emergency mode? Can I install the firmware in another way?

best regards

Hello, you can check whether there is a USB device labeled by quectel. If there is but the device is not recognized, it may be a driver installation problem. You can also try to identify it in Windows. Looks like a driving problem.

Thanks for the answer. No Quetel USB device is found. The LTE router worked perfectly. Suddenly the LTE connection was interrupted. Since then, the module is no longer recognized. a fresh install of openwrt didn’t help.
I think the Firmware ist damaged because i checked the Voltage on the Module.

Well, I have checked that the working voltage of EC25 is 3.8V and the minimum working voltage is 3.3V. Let me confirm the mode of the module entering emergency mode.

I measured 3.3v on the mpcie Slot. First Pin from the left on the small right bar. To the left there is the nose.
What do you want to know? Should I measure on a pin of EC25-E? Which pin?
Otherwise I can only check under Linux/Openwrt. no devices under lsusb or lspci.

I can attach a dmesg file
dmesgfile.pdf (25.8 KB)

Show the output of cat /sys/kernel/debug/usb/devices
Check the voltage on mPCIE connector - pins 2, 39, 41, 52 are “VCC_3V3” according to EC25_Mini_PCIe_Hardware_Design_V2.3
If there is no voltage there - check if your router has a GPIO port responsible for PCIE power control.

i think there is no port. only 4 pins VCc GND TX RX

There is 3,3V on Pins 2,39,41,52. I have checked it now.

root@OpenWrt:~# cat /sys/kernel/debug/usb/devices

T: Bus=01 Lev=00 Prnt=00 Port=00 Cnt=00 Dev#= 1 Spd=480 MxCh= 1
B: Alloc= 0/800 us ( 0%), #Int= 0, #Iso= 0
D: Ver= 2.00 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=01 MxPS=64 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=1d6b ProdID=0002 Rev= 5.10
S: Manufacturer=Linux 5.10.146 ehci_hcd
S: Product=EHCI Host Controller
S: SerialNumber=1b000000.usb
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=e0 MxPwr= 0mA
I:* If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=hub
E: Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 4 Ivl=256ms

I would try putting the modem into download mode and re-check the command output.

If the modem will be recognized then re-flashing it might help.

Thanks for the help so far.
There should be test points to close. I can not find them. Connecting vdd_ext and usb_boot with a cable does not work.
I will give the days again external 1.8v on usb_boot and report.

The Seller send me a new EC25-E Module.
Its working fine.
Thank you for your help.