EC25-E MiniPCIe card does not respond to any AT commands

Hi,

I have an EC25E module on a MiniPCIE card, connected to a custom board. I have the UART (Rx and Tx) connected.

After reset, the module responds with ‘RDY’
I can then enter AT commands (eg: ‘AT’ or ‘ATI’), and they are echo’d by the modem

But I dont get any response! No OK, no error, no device information (for ATI).

The LED connected to pin 42. LED_WWAN# is flashing slowly (on shortly, off long), indicating the modem is searching for a network. I assume this means reset is completed.

HW flow control (RTS/CTS etc) is not connected. Reset (pin 22) is held low for 4 seconds, and pulled high again before the ‘RDY’ appears. Power is 3V8 from a battery,

UART is running at 3V3 (without level converter) UART pins have a 4.7k pullup on the board

What am I missing/what magic trick can get this modem to respond to AT commands?

Hello @stevenRKD Welcome to Quectel Forum, is nice to have you here :slight_smile:
I recommend you to contact the forum administrators: @Akso.xie and @eddy .
They can better orientate and assist you. Furthermore, you can email: support@quectel.com
Please, when you send your message, try to provide logs and as maximum as possible; the logs and details of your issue, scenario, hardware, etc…
Well, I also recommend you to get in touch with a Field Engineer, like @lyman-Q
Most people that administrate, moderators, and Quectel staff, are here in the business days, and in the business hours.
I hope that I could help you with this little tips…
Have a nice weekend :slight_smile: (02-dec-2023)

Shorty

Hi @ShortyPTG
Thank you for your detailed and enthusiastic reply. There are professional and technical personnel responsible for each technical section. You can directly post questions in the relevant section or @ the technical staff of this section to get the corresponding technical support. Akso.xie and eddy because the work is not just here. Therefore, you can get more effective support by directly contacting the technical support personnel of the relevant sectors.

1 Like

Hi @stevenRKD
My colleague Fiona will help you figure this out.@fiona.fang

Please confirm the port like AT port can be identified normally,and the module can boot normally.
Also you can give us the shematic diagram,and i will check it,thank you.