Ec25-e at+cops=? error cme: operation not allowed

Hi,

I have an application interfaced with an EC25-E which has been capable of scanning and registering to our network. Every now and then it tells me that the CME: OPERATION NOT ALLOWED.

AT+COPS=?
ERROR
CME: OPERATION NOT ALLOWED

However, it’s not clear as to why since it will work on other test runs. Which commands should I use to interrogate the EX25-E that might tell me why?

Thank you.
P.G.

Dear P.G,
Thanks for your inquiry in Quectel forum.
The EC25E module can support such command, it is better do not insert the SIM card. Please double check it. It may cost long time to return the the value od the command AT+COPS=?. Please confirm it . Thanks!

Hi @Kyson,

Our EC25E module is acting as a test UE, which, among other things is registering and de-registering on our network many times. Part of this test is to issue an at+cops=? so that there is a log of which basestations our test UE can see before registration. It’s odd that sometimes it replies with CME: OPERATION NOT ALLOWED. Why would it not be allowed suddenly? Additionally, how can I interrogate the EC25 to see why this is? The system needs a SIM because we register and communicate with the basestation.

ATI
Quectel
EC25
Revision: EC25EFAR06A08M4G

Regards
P.G.

Dear P.G,
Thanks for your information.
About your issue, it may need to check the debug log to confirm why it will return OPERATION NOT ALLOWED.
Please email to support@quectel.com to get the log tool and local support. Thanks!

Hi @Kyson,

Thank you, I have done so.

Regards
Peter.

Hi, i have the same issue here. Did you find a solution? I guess the error appears more often, when the module is in a location with bad connectivity.