EC25-A impossible to register to the network

I purchased this kit including the Quectel EC25. I followed the instructions from Sixfab, softwarewise, it all works well, but I fail to register my SIM to the network. The SIM I’m using for the current test is my everyday all inclusive SIM including unlimited 4g data, calls and SMS.

I paste below the results of the AT instructions:

# I set echo on
ATE1
OK

# I set error codes to verbose
AT+CMEE=2
OK

# display product info, modem mnfc, model, revision
ATI
Quectel
EC25
Revision: EC25AFAR05A04M4G
OK

# Quectel modem IMEI number
AT+GSN
861641XXXXXXXX
OK

# display status of the SIM. Ready, I already entered the PIN
AT+CPIN?
+CPIN: READY
OK

# query the initialization status of SIM card. (7 = CPIN READY & SMS DONE & PB DONE).
AT+QINISTAT
+QINISTAT: 7
OK

# display SIM card number
AT+QCCID
+QCCID: 89410206XXXXXXXX
OK

# display SIM International Mobile Subscriber Identity number
AT+CIMI
228021XXXXXXXX
OK

# display phone functionality. 1 = Full function
AT+CFUN?
+CFUN: 1
OK

# display Signal Quality Report. RSSI and BER = Not known or not detectable
AT+CSQ
+CSQ: 99,99
OK

# Network registration status
AT+CREG?
+CREG: 0,2
OK

# Look at current operators
AT+COPS=?
+CME ERROR: operation not allwed

So it seems that the SIM is all good, but somehow there is an issue with getting network. The whole setup is next to my phone using the same plan and same SIM card, and it works well (even tough the network is not the strongest). I tried to unplug and replug the antennas, but I end up with the same results. How can I further investigate where the issue is? Could it be on the side of the provider (SUNRISE, in Switzerland)? I imagine that the command AT+COPS=? should return the list of reachable mobile providers, right?

Thanks in advance for the support!

Dear Chrisburrc,
Thanks for your inquiry in Quectel forum.
About your issue, please check whether the module support the BANDs that your SIM supported, as you know that EC25A module just support the following bands.
As far as i know that the SUNRISE support the following bands which is different from EC25A, so i think that is the reason why it can not register on network. If you want to use our module in Switzerland, it is better to choose the following EC25E/EC/EU/EUX. Hopefully it is useful to you. Thanks!

Hello,

thank you, you were totally right. I received the EC25E and it works perfectly.

Best,
C

Thanks for your updating. We can close this topic now. Thanks!