EC21 QuecOpen Sleep mode

Hi everybody,

I’m using an EC21-E module with QuecOpen FW and SDK EC21EFAR06A01M4G_OCPU_01.001V01.01.001V01.

I’m trying to put the module into sleep to reduce power consumption. EC21 is connected to MCU only via UART MAIN_TXD (pin 67) and MAIN_RXD (pin 68). No DTR, WAKEUPin and WAKEout pins are used.

I’m testing “low_power_consume_app/example_lpm_all.c” example included in SDK. Once I launch the program from ADB I don’t see any reduction into current consumption.

Can you anyone give me some suggestion to put modem into sleep mode,but able to receive incoming call, sms and possibly command from an MQTT broker via TCP socket?

Thank you

Best regards,
Davide

Dear Davdav,
Thanks for your inquiry in Quectel Forums. About your issue, please check the following document. Hopefully it is useful to you. Thanks!
Quecopen_Low_Power_Solution:
https://cnquectel-my.sharepoint.com/:b:/g/personal/asean-fae_quectel_com/EQRgkupTBX5ClJCGkgou7w4BUX5HD5MC1Cenhw1sDzPIUA?e=b8lAys

Dear Kyson,

Thank you for reply. Unfortunately the documentation you sent me is “old” (date 2018-01-11 so about 2 years ago). The reported driver file are not

In general QuecOpen for EC21 documentation is very poor.

My intent is to obtain a current consumption of about 2-3mA as stated in EC21-QuecOpen Harwdare Design document (page 81) while having possibility to receive incoming call, sms and TCP socket.

Is it possible to have an example with step-by-step procedure which I can test?

Thank you

Davide

Dear Davdav,
Please check the latest document about low power consumption application. Thanks! If you have any more question about Quec open, please share your email and company name, then we can arrange local FAE to support you. Thanks!
https://cnquectel-my.sharepoint.com/:b:/g/personal/asean-fae_quectel_com/ERSnpNzPCihHk26Z0qEmD2sB3dGUMQFVruMp42r96RpXdg?e=Sb2rZk

Thank you Kyson,

I have already read that document…it is still a “preliminary” doc (written 1 year ago)

I will write to e-service.quectel.com support even if I have already attempted that way without success.

I strongly suggest Quectel to improve/review the documentation and provide it in official website because it is useless to declare that a module has a lot of features but people can’t use them because it is not documented

Thank you

Best regards,
Davide

Dear Davdav,
Sorry for the inconvenience. You can try to use E-service to get local support. And i will push our R&D engineer to improve the quality of our documents. Thanks

I’m going back to this old post because I have the same problem and I wanted to know if someone had solved it.
I am in the exact same situation does not see any improvement.
Can anyone give me some suggestions?

Gabriele

Hello @Gabriele_Gasparini,

In order to go into sleep mode you have to disconnect USB cable. In practice your program should “autostart”; then inside your program you have to use “Ql_Autosleep_Enable” function to let module to go into sleep. Please check example provided in SDK.

Best regards,
Davide