Ec200u-cn can make to work on EUROPE?

Hi all. I bought a gsm and bluetooth mopdule for my alarm system KIRBIN from aliexpres . The module alarm had a ec200u-cn processor. I’m from Romania and i tried to make it work, with 3 different opperators sim cards but i don;t have any signal for GSM and GPRS too. I saw it exists a ec200u-eu witch look the same as mine.
Here is a picture with my module (i can not upload here because i’m new):

PLEASE if anybody cand help me with some adice for this:

1. can i update firmware of my ec200u-cn with a EU model to mek it works in Europe/ Romania?
  2. if first option not work, can i replace on the board the CN with EU model?
    Sincerly i tried to work with kirbin seller from aliexpress but it is a thief , it sell the product and he knew it not work in other country , and not respond. He is a liar. NOT BY FROM KIRBIN!

Thanks in advance!

Hi @tao13
Sorry for your experience, the CN version of the module cannot be upgraded to the EU firmware, there are some hardware differences between them.

@lyman-Q
Hi please send it for me too
Quectel EC20F
Revision:
EC20CEHDLGR06A05M1G
EC20CEHDLGR06A09M1G

coolzsd#gmail.com
[/quote]

Hi @coolzsd
send to you,pls chk.

THANKS A LOT for all your time

It does support several LTE bands widely used in Europe, so it should work there, subject to coverage.

LTE-FDD B1/B3/B5/B8
LTE-TDD B34/B38/B39/B40/B41

For GSM it supports common 900/1800 MHz bands, but according to the hardware design guide, “GSM is optional”.

thanks but i found on gsm is nothing compatible with my country or eurpoe country , about LTE , i don’t know what it is.

Quectel EC200U-CN

• LTE-FDD Bands: B1/B3/B5/B8
  • LTE-TDD Bands: B34/B38/B39/B40/B41
  • GSM: B3/B8

Quectel EC200U-EU

• LTE-FDD Bands: B1/B3/B5/B7/B8/B20/B28
  • LTE-TDD Bands: B38/B40/B41
  • GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz

but i have here a sim card from an operator with LTE signal, so can be work???

You can try it, some operators may be able to use it, I’m not sure.