EC200U +CMS ERROR: 50 for AT+QGPSLOC=0

Hi Quectel Team,

I have EC200U-CN module on my custom hardware with firmware revision EC200UCNAAR03A03M08.
I’ve got LTE commands working. But when I execute GNSS commands I am getting CMS ERROR: 50.

Is the firmware revision on the module supports GNSS? Can you please advice?

Log:

ATI

Quectel
EC200U
Revision: EC200UCNAAR03A03M08

AT+QGPS=1
OK

AT+QGPSLOC=0
+CMS ERROR: 50
AT+QGPSINFO
+CMS ERROR: 50

Thanks,
raknahs2

Hi Quectel Team,

I think the module’s default GNSS configuration was the reason for error. After setting few parameters with AT+QGPSCFG, I’m getting other responses which makes sense.

Thanks

Hi Quectel Team,

GNSS doesn’t seem to work after multiple tries.
The position fix is not working.

Here is the output:

AT+QGPSGNMEA=“GSV”
+QGPSGNMEA: $GPGSV,1,1,00,0*65

AT+QGPSGNMEA=“RMC”
+QGPSGNMEA: $GNRMC,V,N,V*37

Even after waiting for minutes, the position doesn’t seem to fix.

Details:

• Module: EC200U-CN-N05-SGNSA
  • Firmware version: EC200UCNAAR03A03M08
  • AT+QGPSINFO
    +QGPSINFO: N/A,G1L1E1,VN/A,R3.4.1.12Build127M,N/A,N/A
  1. Tried with both onboard GNSS SMD antenna and external Antenna but no improvement.
  2. The testing was performed in outdoor environment

Question:

1. Is the firmware version supports GNSS? If not can you please send me the latest firmware and way to program it.
  2. If firmware is not an issue, what could be the reason? Please advice.

Thanks in advance

Facing similar issue on a custom device with EC200U-CN, Would much appreciate any help related to this topic.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Amogh_Sadhu ,

With our custom board, the RF portion between the on-board antenna and EC200 was not routed well and that was the root cause of not getting the position coordinates. My finding was that, the NMEA sentence in my case it’s RMC, gives out the UTC timestamp and date but not the position coordinates even after 30 minutes in open sky. Please check your Antenna design on-board and/or external and get it reviewed from Quectel team.

Thanks.

1 Like

AT + QGPS = 1 for turning on
AT + QGPSLOC = 0
( 0 , 1,2) for selecting the frame format

AT + QGPSEND for turning off

right?

Upon sending AT+QGPSLOC=0, it shows error 50. Sometimes I receive data like $GPGGA,0,00,99.99,*48
I don’t know what mistake I’m making.

Questions

1. What version of the QUECTEL firmware are you using?

2. Are you communicating through UART1? Can we get continues data through UART?

3. When you send AT+QGPSLOC=0, are you supposed to receive continuous data, or do you need to send the command each time to get data?

4. Do we need to configure settings in the config register?

5. After turning on, do we need to wait for some time to connect to satellites? It’s throwing a 516 error sometimes, which corresponds to “NOT FIXED NOW”.