EC200A-EU Firmware Update

I have a router that runs EC200A-EU, and I recently updated the Firmware as given to me by Cudy, which is my router’s manufacturer. Ever since the update, however, my signal reception appears to have gone down. I’m wondering if it’s outdated firmware, or the router connecting to some farther antenna.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi @Aeldor6
I think this may be related to the network environment. Updating the firmware will generally not affect the signal strength. You can compare it with other devices to see if the signal strength has become weaker.

That’s the strange part. On my phone, which has smaller antennas, I get better coverage then I do with my router. This issue only began when I updated my firmware, which is what leads me to believe that there’s an issue. Then again, the router manufacturer is known for being sketchy, I know the modem too. The router doesn’t provide enough information as well, if Carrier Agregation is on and what not, or if MIMO is even functioning- though I reckon this is because of the modem rather than the router on itself.

Hi @Aeldor6
Can you use AT+QGMR command to check the firmware you use currently.
Because I want to know the specific model used, give you the latest version to try, if you need it.

Done. Here is the result.

EC200AEUHAR01A13M16_01.200.01.200