EARLY_PRINTK with EC25

Can someone help with advice on what would be the right settings for the kernel to print early boot time messages over the serial console ? Namely the DEBUG_UART_VIRT seems to be nowhere to be found…

Dear Customer,

Did you use the OpenLinux project with EC25?

Hi @Bean.Wang-Q,
Thank you very much for the response, I was not expecting it after few months time!

Yes, we are using QuecOpen with our EC25, and we still have not been able to solve this matter. For now we just figured this won’t work for us and we have to live with no visibility to early kernel boot time.

Because you put the topic on the LTE Standard Modules, they don’t know what you mean. It’s better to ask it in the open solution section.

Did the Quectel provide the source code of the bootloader?
I think it will be better to add some print log in the bootloader.

I am not familar with the openlinux.
Have you tried to add the CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK?

Because you put the topic on the LTE Standard Modules, they don’t know what you mean. It’s better to ask it in the open solution section.

I guess I cannot move this by myself… may I ask you (or some other moderator) to help with the move ?

Did the Quectel provide the source code of the bootloader?
I think it will be better to add some print log in the bootloader.

Yes, we do have bootloader source too, but we were trying to understand some of the kernel early configurations and thats why we wanted to debug there, not the loader…

Please create a new top in the Open Soltion section. And then someone will help you.

For some Qualcomm platform, to configure the early printk, you need to

CONFIG_DEBUG_LL=y
CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK=y

There is a dependency between UART configuration on the little kernel and the Early Printk
driver in the kernel. If the configuration settings listed above are enabled, the following
message is displayed using the Early Printk driver:

"Uncompressing Linux..."