Driver RM502Q-AE for Jetson AGX Orin

I don’t seem to have it.

ls /sys/bus/usb/drivers/ :
btusb hub option rtk_btusb snd-usb-audio usb usbfs usbhid usb-storage

I know this is a bit out of topic, but I’m not sure how I would do this on the Orin Nano, so I would appreciate if you would refer me to a guide or website in order to include cdc-mbim into the kernel.

Thank you

What is the Linux kernel version?

The version is : Linux ubuntu 5.15.136-tegra
R36.3

I have found a guide of supposedly how to rebuild the kernel , so I have downloaded the source from here and will give it a go :

https://developer.nvidia.com/downloads/embedded/l4t/r36_release_v3.0/sources/public_sources.tbz2

I will let you know if I have any sucess and/or if the module will be up and running as I intend to afterwards.
Thank you !

Hello again :slight_smile:
Actually this seems to be a bit more complicated that I anticipated. Could you please share the instructions with me ? I tried following the nvidia’s guide for rebuilding the kernel but it always runs into issues. Perhaps you are aware of another method of loading the modules needed into the kernel.
Thank you

cdc_mbim is the driver from the Linux kernel. You just need to compile it and add it into the Linux kernel.

I can send you the qmi_wwan_q.
Please try it.
@Clod

RE: Driver RM502Q-AE for Jetson AGX Orin - Quectel Forums

Hello Clod,
I am sorry for replying quite late, I do not check this notification in my email.
So, first, I want to ask you:
1, which interface in Orin Nano you used to connect to RM530N-GL module. If you use a HAT (Hardware attached on top) like this picture and connect to the Orin Nano by USB cable, you should switch the dial mode to 0, I mean:
AT+QCFG=“usbnet”,0

And always remember to restart or reboot the Jetson, even you already reboot the 5G module
2, check the Jetpack you use, for me, I use Linux 35.4.1 and jetpack 5.10, if you use the higher version of the Jetpack, do not be worry, the driver Quectel for QMI is already there.
3, please read this guide in this page for RM500Q-GL, I maybe find more information

Hello both,
Sorry I had been away for the past few days. Thank you very much for your information and appreciate the help. I will give it a go again these days and let you know how things turn out !

Hello again :slight_smile:
I unfortunately have forfeited the integration in the Jetson Nano as it went beyond my scope, so I’ve now decided to go with an x86 system which I am familiar using with the Quectel modems. Thank you both for the help and hopefully someone also finds this forum usefull in the future ! I’ll be coming back of course on different forums or if I have any finding on this one.
Regards,
Clod