Driver for Linux 6. X

Can you send a copy of the latest Linux driver ? Does he support 6. X?

I am using 1.6.5 which seems to require kmod-rmnet-core, I am using official openwrt and there is no kmod-rmnet-core

How to solve the problem?
thank you!

1 Like

Which Quectel module do you use?
Quectel modem suports the linux kernel 6.x.
If you need the qmi_wwan_q, the lastest driver 1.2.6 supports that.

I uses RM520 module,I need mhi ,qmi_wwan and QFirehose 6.x linux drive。

I built the qmi_wwan 1.2.6 of openwrt 6.1 using ubunt and it didn’t work out, he added a dependency kmod-rmnet-core, didn’t QSDK seem to fail to compile?

The RM520N could only work well with QConnectManager.
Do you try to use it with any opensource tools like libqmi or uqmi?

By default, there might be no wwan port for RM520N.
Please set the modem to PCIe RC mode, then the modem could work well with qmi_wwan_q.
I will send you the pcie_mhi \QFirehose\qmi_wwan_q\QConnectManager.

For PCIe, if you set the RM520N to PCIe EP mode, there is mhi driver already in the qsdk and you have to remove it.

I used the official openwrt6.1 kernel, not QSDK. When I used the official openwrt, qmi_wwan_q version 1.2.6 failed to compile successfully.

ERROR: modpost: "rmnet_nss_callbacks" [/home/beaver/openwrt-nss/openwrt/build_dir/target-aarch64_cortex-a53_musl/linux-qualcommax_ipq807x/qmi_wwan_q-3.0/qmi_wwan_q.ko] undefined!
openwrt/build_dir/target-aarch64_cortex-a53_musl/linux-qualcommax_ipq807x/pcie_mhi-3.2/controllers/mhi_qti.c:433:12: warning: 'mhi_system_resume' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
  433 | static int mhi_system_resume(struct device *dev)
      |            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Can I delete mhi_system_resume?

For qmi_wwan_q, you need to remove the IPQ and nss settings.
For mhi, you can delete the mhi_system_resume. It is compile warnnings.IPQ don’t support suspend and resume.

I checked rmnet in kmod-qca-nss-drv. Can it not use nss to accelerate qmi_wwan_q?

It is possible.
But I could provide help here.
qmi_wwan_q.zip (17.6 KB)

If I select both kmod usb net qmi wwan and kmod qmi_ Wwan_ q. Will these two conflict, causing the Quectel CM conflict to become unusable?

There is no conflict.
For RM520N, qmi_wwan_q wou’t work.

Thank you very much, and what does quectel-CM -4 -6 -b1 bridging do for openwrt’s DHCPV6 client? CAN IT BE USED TO OBTAIN IPV6PD?

sorry.
The native driver qmi_wwan won’t work for RM520N.

The wwan interface don’t support DHCPV6.
But quectel-CM -4 -6 should work.
Do you want the device like PC or cellphone could get IPV6 address?
You need just run the odhcpd service on the OpenWrt.

hello,Where can I download QFirehose?Can you provide the download address?