Difference between this 2 L89 modules

Hi, i got 2 types of modules one is L89 and other is L89H, while the L89 gives out led fix within a second but the at data i got fix only after 5 - 10mins…

Also the L89H gets fix within 2 mins even inside the room and the LED got blinking once it get the original fix.

while the price of L89 is lower than L89H.
Whats the difference between them.

i have attached the images of the the 2 modules.

Looking back through old versions of the Quectel Product Brochure, it looks like L89 is based on the ST Teseo III chipset. The L89H (aka L89 R2.0) is based on the Airoha AG3335 chipset which is a newer and has better specs.

1 Like

WiFiLuke
Great :+1: :+1: :+1:

Binu_Johnson
Referring to the above information, L89 has been discontinued, and L89HA is what we recommend to customers.

Thanks for the clarification, but why the 1pps gives output when the gps is switched on.
The connected LED start blinking once powered on for L89, while L89H give 1pps only it got the fix.

Hi Binu_Johnson
The PPS setting modes of the two modules are different. I don’t know why the PPS settings of the two modules are different. It may be determined by different PDMs or customer requirements.
L89 should be set to output PPS signal when powered on, while L89H is set to output PPS signal after 2D/3D fix only.

1 Like