DFOTA Upgrade for Zyxel LTE5398-M904

I also completely ignored it

1 Like

Yep, Iā€™ve pretty much given up hope that any support staff at Quectel will provide the update now, I see theyā€™ve been active on the forums but ignore my post (other than asking me to open a new thread). I even private messaged a couple of themā€¦ ignored.

1 Like

Hello (ciao)
Zyxel has developed the router firmware ABQV.4 using the LTE module firmware EG18EAPAR01A12M4G

The LTE modem firmware was discovered by reading the release notes of ABQV.4 router firmware ā€¦

Iā€™ve asked Quectel (opening a new thread) and Zyxel (opening a support ticket)

Iā€™m waiting for support from one of them ā€¦

1 Like

Yes. Iā€™ve been waiting 2 weeks nowā€¦ nothing from any staff at Quectel although they are active on the forums, just choosing to ignore the request. Rude!

Good luck everyone.

Iā€™ve downloaded the v.13 after reading this post

It seems an upgrade from the v.08 ā€¦

I recently updated to V1.00(ABQV.4)C0, but the current LTE Module Version is still EG18EAPAR01A08M4G

1 Like

Iā€™ve just received the EG18EAPAR01A12M4G update directly from official support channel of Zyxel.

The version 13 hasnā€™t been tested with the latest router firmare by Zyxel.

Any chance you could share it with me? Thanks

Hi ChrisM,

You must remove the sim card before updating the firmware,

Blockquote Please note that the router changes from router mode to pass-through mode after the upgrade and you may encounter an error claiming an ā€œillegal imageā€ is to be updated. The workaround is to remove the SIM card before you start the upgrade of the cellular module :

Thanks for the information. Can you please send me the EG18EAPAR01A12M4G update, and I will give it a try??
Many thanks

I was just looking at the release notes for V1.00(ABQV.4)C0, and it says:

LTE Module FW version: EG18EAPAR01A12M4G

Is the LTE module FW update included in the 100ABQV4C0.bin ??

Cheers

Yes, thatā€™s right

No, it wasnā€™t included in the update

Thank you.

I have just checked my router, and I have:

Current Firmware Version: V1.00(ABQV.4)C0
Current LTE Module Version: EG18EAPAR01A08M4G

How can I update the LTE Module to EG18EAPAR01A12M4G ??

Detailed instructions from Zyxel
How to Upgrade the Router Firmware and Module Firmware over the Web GUI.pdf (678.5 KB)

Thank you. And where can I download Update_EG18EAPAR01A08M4G-R01A12M4G.zip ??

Hi, anybody knows when support team relise v13 for lte?
I am facing with modem freezing few times per day. Update to v12 do not help me and as I understand v13 should solve it.

Hi everyone,
I am looking for the new Firmware for Zyxel LTE5398-M904 I have the old one which is what comes the Router preinstalled My LTE Module is EG18EAPAR01A08M4G, i from Italy Thank You !

Hi,
You can get the newest firmware below:
EG18EAPAR01A13M4G_01.001.01.001.zip

1 Like

Hi,
Thank you fiona.fang !! :wink: :heart: