Current Consumption of MC60E

Hello ,

What is the Current consumption of MC60E module with GSM, GPS and BLE enabled??
Also how can i reduce the current as my average current is approx 30 mA.

Thanks and Regards
Sagar Choudhary

Dear Sagar Choudhary,
About the current consumption, we already provide detailed test data in hardware design chapter 5.4, please check it. Thanks!
The following link contains the related document about MC60E module, please check. Thanks!
MC60-E:http://www.quectel.com/ProductDownload/MC60-E.html

If you trun on GSM, GPS and BLE, the current consumption is quite high, like you said the average current is approx 30 mA, it is normal. If you want to reduce it, you can try to let the GSM part enter into sleep mode. You can refer to the following method to enter into sleep mode. Thanks!

Dear Kyson,

Thank you for the response. As you suggested to put the module in sleep mode by “AT+QSCLK=0” command, i implemented the same but it doesnt seems to be working.
As i am using OpenCPU stack, will this solution work with OpenCPU too? or do i need to use something else.

Thanks and Regards
Sagar Choudhary

Dear Sagar Choudhary,
Please note that if you want the module enter into PSM mode, you should use AT+QSCLK=1 to enable it, not AT+QSCLK=0. Then pull high DTR pin, the module will enter into sleep mode. Thanks!
About Opencpu, we also have provide the function to enable the module enter into sleep mode, you can check it by yourself. Thanks!

Dear Kyson,
I have called the “Ql_SleepEnable” function after the GSM is initialized successfully, but i dont see change in current.
Also i have printed some debug strings after every 15 seconds, is this preventing the device to enter into sleep mode?
Also can you please point me to the document name which you are referring to?

Thanks and Regards
Sagar Choudhary

Dear Sagar Choudhary,
Please click the following link to download your needed documents. Thanks!
https://cnquectel-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/eastchina-fae_quectel_com/EZLVoo3fvVFDm3ivC7sMCRkBrB8crifgsgH9nWq4_P0ARg?e=6nrayE

Dear Kyson
How can I find this document that you put an image from it? I couldn’t find any official document for OpenCPU in Quectel website. (specially for M66 or MC60 module)

Dear Ehsan,
Thanks for your inquiry in Quectel forum.
About the document i have put an image is come from the following path. If you need it, please send email to support@quectel.com to get it. Thanks!

dear Kyson,
can you help me this problem about current MC60 when sleep, i use example_system in SDK1.7, when MC60 go to sleep mode (Ql_SleepEnable()) then current is 15-17mA very high, i saw in document said current is 1.2mA when sleep and DRX = 5,
do you have any solution for this problem to reduce current of MC60.
thanks a lot

Dear Kutyace,
If that, it is need to check whether there have any pin have leakage phenomenon. You may need to use the multi-meter to check the voltage is normal. Thanks!
By the way, you also can check whether the module really enter into sleep mode, whether there still have any data transmit on-going. Thanks!

Dear Kyson,
I think It’s already going sleep mode when current reduce from 26mA to 15mA.
I don’t know does we need do something function before go to sleep?

Dear Kutyace,
If you can confirm the module already enter into sleep mode in software, you may need to check whether any pin have leakage phenomenon in hardware. Before the module enter into sleep mode, it may need work in idle status, no any data transmit. The following is the parameter setting of the function Ql_SleepEnable, you also can double check it. Thanks!

hi
l have problem with mc60 current.
in sleep mode normaly current is 1mA but i have some peak current About 50mA.
How do I find the cause of currents?