Connect two RM520-GL with quectel-CM

I’m facing an issue while trying to connect two RM520-GL that I have installed on the same machine. One is PCI and the other is USB, I wrote a systemd service to each one of them based on quectel-CM tool.
Both of the cards get connected but only one of them has a default route on the route table. The problem starts if the card that has the default route drops, and then I lose the connection cause I don’t have a default route to the other card…

I was wondering if you have a solution to that problem.

Have you tried to set different metric values to those connections?

I searched how to do that and didn’t find a way to do that with quectel-CM tool.

I know how to do it manually but it’s not helping me if the tool doesn’t support this option.

How do you recommend to do that?

Are you getting public / real IPs from your carrier, or from the module? The route issue is most likely Operating system vs Quectel-CM configuration.

Quectel-CM seems to be a very limited tool, I would just use ModemManager or any other suitable tools operating system might have.

Thank you for your support.
We found a solution by managing the routing table with a script we wrote.
Something interesting we found is that you can declare the default gateway of the RM520 as the IP address it gets from the carrier.
Even though, when the quectel-CM does it, it sets a different IP address (usually +1 or -1 from the IP the carrier provides).