CC660D-LS support

Hello Madam/Sir,

I recently bought CC660D-LS modem for satellite comms… Problem I face is I do not have WIN USB drivers for it nor can find it anywhere.

As well is there anywhere AT commands manual for setting the modem up? I do have satellite provider SIM card, and could you please help me out to proceed there?

Thank you and best regards
/t

hi @tm38691
Please check attached AT commands manual

Quectel_CC660D-LS_AT_Commands_Manual_V1.0.0_Preliminary_20230525.pdf (767.4 KB)

Drivers for windows :

CH9344L驱动(2).7z (489.8 KB)

Thanks

thx a lot Waleed! really appreciated!

installed provided software but modem still not recognized

have modem on the CC660DLSAA-I03-TB0AA… At the moment stuck for quite some time with testing. Please need help there:

Best regards
Tomislav

hi @tm38691
May I ask if you are working with our Evaluation Board or with the module only ?
Need to confirm which interface are you connecting to.

Thanks

Hello

is evalboard CC660DLSAA-I03-TB0AA

Thank you and best regards
Tomislav

Dear @Waleed_Zafar1 ,

Can you also share the Linux driver for the CC660D-LS eval board or share with us how to set up serial communications in Linux/Ubuntu to talk to the chip with AT commands?

Many thanks,

Best Regards
Aygün

hi @ayguen_b
Please check the drivers for Linux
CH9344SER_LINUX.ZIP (22.1 KB)

Thanks

Dear @Waleed_Zafar1,

Thank you very much for sharing the Linux drivers!

I could successfully compile the drivers and got to talk to the NTN chip with AT commands. However, so far I observed that the serial comms is not always stable – the modem stops responding to my AT commands after a while. Are there also CDC drivers for the CC660 board and can you share them with us? Hoping that CDC drivers could help establish more stable communications. If you also have any suggestions to make the serial communications reliable, please let me know.

Many thanks,

Best Regards
Aygün

hi @ayguen_b
can you please tell what is “CDC” ?

Hi @Waleed_Zafar1 ,

“Communications Device Class” → CDC: With CDC drivers, the OS would recognize the CC660D-LS board as a modem so and I could directly communicate with the board using conventient modem manager tools (e.g., mmcli) rather than unstable AT commands. I hope that such CDC driver is available for the board otherwise please let me know how to achieve stable communications over AT commands since the serial communication keeps breaking up after some time.

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards
Aygün

Hi @Waleed_Zafar1 ,

Just a reminder that I am still looking for a driver to have my CC660D-LS device recognized as a modem on Ubuntu/Linux. As far as I read on the internet, there are some Quectel-CM or qmi-wwan drivers to attach the CC660 as a network device on my PC, so I look forward to your support to send me whatever driver is necessary to use the device as a network device. Many thanks!

Best Regards
Aygün