Can Quectel produce custom FW for each region?

I have the quectel rm502q-ae and I live in the Middle East. However this module current fw is much more tailored to North America with regard to the carrier aggregation bands supported. If Quectel can make different firmwares which best suited for each market, it would be more valuable to people all over the world. I hope this can be achieved. Thanks!

Dear @Semsem
Actually, RM502Q-AE is used for Global (except for China). Why did you think it is suited for NA? As you know, RM500Q-AE supports many bands.

1 Like

Hi dear @silvia The reason I requested this is because of the number of carrier aggregation bands that my Quectel rm502q-ae module does when being used with my Zain KSA provider is less than that of a certain router from a very famous Chinese telecom company(name starts with H). I know that the Quectel module could do more speed than the H router but I think it is not optimized for the middle east region. It works yes but not very optimally. I believe with a little more tweaks and support it is going to be a beast :slight_smile:

Dear @Semsem
Thanks for your suggestion, we will feedback internally.

1 Like