Bootup time for MC60E

Hello,

I am using MC60E module (Evaluation Kit) for my project. I require an external watchdog circuit for the same. I am using TPS3823 which has a watchdog timeout of 2 seconds. But my MC60E module has a boot time of approx 2.5 seconds, hence my circuit gets reset indefinitely
How do i reduce the boot up time??

Thanks and Regards
Sagar Choudhary

Dear Sagar Choudhary,
Thanks for your inquiry.
It is hard to shorten the module boot up time. If just as you have said that Whether you can try to adjust the watchdog timeout ? Thanks!

Dear Kyson,

The “OpenCPU_Watchdog_Application_Note_V1.0” contains an example which uses tps3823-33dbvr hence i thought which can be used for my application. As the watchdog timeout is not adjustable in tps3823, Can you please suggest a watchdog controller suitable for MC60E module with a bootup time more than 2.5 seconds??

Thanks and Regards
Sagar Choudhary

Dear Sagar Choudhary,
For external watchdog, even the module is in booting stage it still can feed dog. Please check the following picture. So the timeout 2 second is enough, please confirm whether you have follow up the user guide to do some modifications. Thanks!

Dear Kyson,
This works like a charm, Thanks a lot for your help.
I have a question for my own understanding i.e. How defining the watchdog configuration “ST_ExtWatchdogCfg wtdCfg” makes changes in system Booting as this is our application code and not the Boot loading code ?

Thanks and Regards
Sagar Choudhary

Dear Sagar Choudhary,
About how to define the watchdog configuration, the OpenCPU_Watchdog_Application_Note already give you the answer. Just as you have said that your design is the same as the recommended, so it must have at least one GPIO to connect to external Watchdog, please check the following picture. What you need to do is to specify the GPIO in “custom_sys_cfg.c” which is designed to connect to the external watchdog. The file is SDK package. Please check it. You just need to modify it which can meet your application. Thanks!

Dear Kyson,

I got it working. Thanks a lot for your help.

Thanks and Regards
Sagar Choudhary

Hi @sagar.choudhary
i am working with MC60 module and tps3823 shows only 200ms time for watchdog reset but you said it’s time is 2 sec so can you share the schematic for 2sec watchdog reset circuit it helps me to go forward in fast
the following threads are shows nobody is not achieve the GSM module reset perfectly that’s why i ask the WDT part schematic
http://e2e.ti.com/support/power-management/f/196/t/807200?TPS3823-RESET-LATCHES-TO-LOGIC-0-STATE-EVEN-AFTER-THE-VDD-INCREASED-THE-THRESHOLD-TPS3823A-33-

http://e2e.ti.com/support/power-management/f/196/t/691553

thanks in advance

regards
kannannatesh