BLE communication with MC60

Hi, I have a bit of a problem using the Quectel MC60 as a BLE receiver. It says in the datasheet that it supports BLE operation, however when I scan for units my sender (a RN4020 from microchip) does not show up on the MC60. It does show up and connect to my phone through a Bluetooth terminal app.

My question is this, do you have to set up the MC60 specifically for BLE communication. If so, how do you do this.

In my current setup I just turn on Bluetooth on the MC60 start to scan. That to does show up on my phone, but I cannot connect to it. The intended use for it is to read data from a BLE unit and send that to a PIC18F25K80 micro controller for processing. If there is an easy way to just send the raw Bluetooth data over UART back to the micro controller. What is the setup procedure on this?

Marius

Dear Sir,
Thanks for your inquiry in Quectel forum.
About MC60 BLE function, you can check the following document. Thanks!
Quectel_MC60_BLE_AT_Commands_Manual_V1.2.pdf (614.1 KB)
By the way, if you want to test BLE function, you must use MC60E module, not MC60 module. Please double check it. Thanks!

Hi again, I have checked it is the MC60E I have. I have registered a GATT client and scanned for devices. However, I do not get any expected device addresses. It seems the devise is just sending random numbers. I do not see any of the addresses on any other device like my phone or laptop. What types of addresses am I receiving when scanning?

I have the address of the device I want it to connect to, but when I try to just connect them directly (AT+QBTGATCCON) I get no response at all. I have just assumed that the module is set as a central device in terms of GAP, but is that the case?

Thanks

-Marius

Also is GAP compatible with SPP?

The following is the example of scanning

And about BT connection, please make sure you enter the right setting. Thanks!