I am using a device with the BG96 chip on it.
I want to do httpget and post to a https site but I always get an error 701 (unknow error)
If I do a get request to a http site it works fine
Can someone give me som advice?
Hi Lenner, what mobile network provider are you using? have you uploaded TLS cert to the modem?
Hi i am from belgium i am using the Proximus netork provider and i dont have uploaded TLS cert how do i do that I have nothing seen in the manuals about that
See https://www.quectel.com/UploadImage/Downlad/Quectel_BG96_SSL_AT_Commands_Manual_V1.0.pdf and https://www.quectel.com/UploadImage/Downlad/Quectel_BG96_FILE_AT_Commands_Manual_V1.1.pdf
You can use AT+QFUPL to upload a CA certificate to “RAM:cacert” and configure that file in the SSL context.
Or just configure the SSL context “seclevel” to 0, as that does not need a certificate.
Other reasons for failure could be the supported ciphersuites and SSL/TLS version, both in the server and in the client.
Try first a check with https://www.howsmyssl.com/s/api.html and see what the server reply is. That might give you some hints. I mean to do the request with your modem, not the browser.
i have configured the seclevel to 0.
also i have tried the config to support all ssl versions and ciphersuites and also the specific ssl version and ciphersuite of my https server.
I always get error 701 (unkown error).
You solve that problem ??
Because i am facing same problem, if you find any solution then share with us.
Please share solution if any.
Same problem faced here. Has anyone got this working yet? @Hardik_Pokar - I can’t see the forum post at the link you included in your comment so not sure if you got it working.
I am facing same issue
Are you try with same command ?..
I am posting data via HTTPS using quectel EC20. i am giving command in below order.
- I am uploading all certificate to RAM.
- PDP Setting
- SSL SettingAT+QSSLCFG=“sslversion”,1,4
- HTTP Setting
+CME ERROR: 701
Here i am getting this error.
when i tried with ssl opening that time same error
Http error 701 means http connection fail ，
so ，pls check your network register status first .
pls send the below at to check:
for the response value ,pls refer to AT cmd doc of BG96 , thanks
I check all the network related command and it’s looking fine.
and 701 is not network error , it’s unknown error.
All our network connection state is fine too, as in the same session we can do HTTP POST to httpbin.org, PING and also do DNS lookups. It’s just the HTTPS we can’t do!
Tried on an EC21 we had to hand this morning, get different error (730), which means over the modems there’s a missing command or step somewhere which we’re not aware of. @Stephen.Li-Q Any pointers?
Error 730 Means you are not passing Certificate properly or your certificate is invalid ,
And also if you are passing certificate with uart then make sure you are adding \r\n after every line.
Thanks. I’ll take a look at this when back in the office on Monday.
To solve the problem, we increased the ciphers on our server to the following:
This problem was caused by our server not having the ciphers that the BG96 wanted. Although our server had one cipher that was supposed to be available on the BG96, obviously it wasn’t working, and we would always get 701 whenever we tried to post or get from from our server using https. If you are getting this problem from a server you do not control, then I fear you are out of luck.
Conversing with another user it seems that the cipher, TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256, is not working on the BG96 and perhaps other modules as well. So if that is the only matching cipher, then you will get a 701. Adding other matching ciphers should solve the issue.
I just tried everything failed but the AT+QSSLCFG=“sni”,1,1
“sni” stands for Server Name Indication. Just enabled the sni and it got successfully connected.
This seems because of the virtual server hosted on the same machine and it’s used to verify the server certificate. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server_Name_Indication
If you are getting “Server Not Found”, that means that the client could not find the responsible server to serve your request.
In your case, that’s a HTTPS-based application.
Verify the following:
Go to Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed Programs Verify that you have “Secure World Wide Web Service (HTTPS)” and “Domain, Home/Work, and Public” both checked.
If this doesn\t works, try:
- Clear History/Cookie & Restart Browser, Clear Temp file as well.
If clearing of History not work, Reinstall Google Chrome.
In Command Prompt add following commands
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
- Reset TCP/IP. Type ‘netsh int ip rese’ code in command prompt and press Enter.
So, i just bumped on this topic trying to solve the same issue and thanks to coolmitch I was able to successfully execute a GET request to a server that was giving the +CME ERROR: 701 previously.
You saved my day. Thank you very much!!