BG96 error response AT+QSSLCFG="sslversion",1,3

Hello,

I am receiving an intermittent, but frequent, error response when setting the SSL version for a SSL context. The command being sent is AT+QSSLCFG=“sslversion”,1,3 which works sometimes but frequently responds with “ERROR”. Once this error is received, it continues to happens 100% for some period of time (testing this with QCOM after software detects error). If I wait long enough the condition tends to clear. I can power cycle the BG96, which seems drastic and is a pain.

• Does anyone else experience this?
  • Do you have a workaround?
  • Anyone know a way to prevent the error on a seemingly valid command?

Thanks Greg

Hi, I’m not sure if it help you.

ERROR is shown where the command it is wrong written, It is posible that previously in other part of program or QCOM was wrotten another command bad without \r? and Quectel parse as a unique command?

Thank you for the suggestion.

However, I checked for the condition you at mentioned multiple ways prior to posting. Some how the BG96 is getting into an inconsistent state regarding the QSSLCFG input. When the “write” form of the command (ex: AT+QSSLCFG=“sslversion”,1, 3) is failing the “read” form of the command (AT+QSSLCFG=“sslversion”,1) still works.

Also from a working stored command string in QCOM it will work then suddenly stop working for an unpredictable period of time.

Once again, thanks for the suggestion though.
Greg

Found It. The software where I was observing the ERROR response on the AT+QSSLCFG command was a unit test that was being executed repeatedly. That piece of code was not reliably closing the MQTT server connection at the end of each test.

If you attempt to change the SSL settings underlying the MQTT connection while the connection is open, you get an ERROR response.

Posting for possible future assistance to someone that might benefit.

Greg