BG95-M5 Dual Mode Inquiry

Hello,

Is my BG95-M5 DevKit module capable of performing the below scenario and if not is it just a new FW upgrade or a future update to be released or maybe even a newer module I need to purchase, please?

My BG95-M5 is set to dual mode via AT+QCFG=“iotopmode”,2,1
I am using a NA VZW Sim card that supports CatM+NB.
I will attach to LTE NW let’s say to B13 at fair signaling where I can send a basic ping.
Then will attenuate the signal so low that the UE can auto-switch to NB if Guardband for VZW B13 is present and then continue to send a ping.

Can this module do this or will it need some interaction from the user whether it be a CFUN4 , CFUN1 at that low signal for it to then scan and find an NB cell?

Of course, all of this is assuming that there is both CatM and NB signal present at this location.

My current FW is: BG95M5LAR02A05_01.001.01.001

Please send the latest FW to me if this isn’t the latest as I am grateful for all your help.

Hi @Billy

Here is my point: when module registered to CATM, but when CATM signal strength and quality getting worser till module cant camp on phy cell, then module will loss network and do network scan, and once find a NB band with good strength and quality, module will camp to this NB band.

Hi Linkin-Q,
Thank you very much for the confirmation.

Could you tell me if this is the proper config for your module for this scenario in a live environment, please?
What I am seeing is the UE scanning for LTE and then only NB for a very short window and only see a few SIB messages but no attach and the UE stays out of service unless LTe signal improves for it to attach.

I think my error is with this first setting as I wasn’t able to set it to solely Automatic mode.
Could you provide the proper string for automatic mode, please?
AT+QCFG=“nwscanseq”,020301 is all I can get thats close and is M1 +NB+GSM and I want Auto, please.

AT+QCFG=“nwscanmode”,0,1
AT+QCFG=“iotopmode”,2,1
AT+QCFG=“band”,0,1000,1000,1 ← B13 only for both M1 & NB
AT+COPS=1,2,“311480” ← For VZW use in NA area.

I would like to know if there is any update to my other question posted above and the below answer please as I am seeing a possible side effect with my UE during testing.

I am using this to set the mode: AT+QCFG=“iotopmode”,2,1 —> 2 indicating BOTH MODES
And using this to set SEQ : AT+QCFG=“nwscanseq”,00,1 or 000000 ← is Atuo and replys with 020301 which tells me its M1-NB-GSM
And finally, I have NWSCANODE set to : AT+QCFG=“nwscanmode”,0,1 ← BOTH, takes Affect now (Auto-Mode)
Is there a way to set the SEQ to just NB or M1? (We don’t care about any GSM setting for this device’s use at this time)

Is the “scanseq” also defining the RAT priority?
If the Device is camped on NB and CATM is the highest RAT priority. Will he scan periodically for the highest RAT ?
Any list of commands with explanation will greatly help us with our project implementation of this module.

Hi @Billy
Its ok for those configuration, but if you want auto select network, please remove AT+COPS command.