BG95-M3 Power Circuit

Hi everyone. I have a BG95-M3 module, and I use the NB-IoT communication and GNSS receptor. Now I’m developing a PCB that integrates the modem and an MCU. In the power circuit, I want to use a Li-SOCL2 battery of 3.6 volts, to make sure that the delivery current is enough for the current peaks, I intend to use a capacitor.
The documentation informs me of the Power consumption of the LTE Cat NB1 for the modes: sleep mode (DRX and e-IDRX) and active mode. Mention an Ivbat current - Peak supply current (during transmission slot).
Although, I couldn’t find information about the current concerning the GNSS.
My questions are:
(a) which peak of current I should attend?
(b) It is significant to know the consumption(A) of the GNSS receiver, or is this always lower than the consumption of the communication, therefore not relevant for the power circuit?
(c)The mathematical formula to calculate the capacitor has the time interval parameter, which time should I consider?

Thank you very much

(a) which peak of current I should attend?
Reply:The recommended reference for peak current is as follows,

(b) It is significant to know the consumption(A) of the GNSS receiver, or is this always lower than the consumption of the communication, therefore not relevant for the power circuit?
Reply:the consumption(A) of the GNSS as follows:

(c)The mathematical formula to calculate the capacitor has the time interval parameter, which time should I consider?
**Reply:**It is recommended that you calculate the capacity of the capacitor by referring to the continuous working time under the maximum current state.

1 Like

In addition, GNSS and LTE cannot work at the same time, all current consumption is in the HD document, please check.

1 Like