BG95-M3 miniPCIe module registration

Hello,

I am testing the BG95-M3 miniPCIe connected to my embedded Linux device that has a SIM card connected to it. According to the operator, the SIM card is capable of connecting to the NB-IoT and eMTC networks.

But I can’t seem to connect the modem to the network. The AT+CPIN already gives the ready response but it does not register to any network. Do you have any step-by-step on how to connect the module to the network?

Thanks in advance.

hi,Solenergy:

AT+CREG?
AT+CEREG?

If the above operation returns a value of 1, that means your module has registered the network, if the return value is other, please consult the following manual;

AT+COPS?

The return value is the SIM card provider registered for your module;

AT+QCSQ //Query signal quality

AT+CGATT? //Returning 1 indicates that the module has registered the network;If 0 is returned, the module is not registered with the network

If the result of the above query shows that your module is still unregistered, you may need to ask the SIM card provider if you need to use the appropriate APN. You will execute the following AT Command and configure the relevant APN parameters.

AT+CGDCONT //Please refer to the manual for detailed parameter configuration

Quectel_BG95&BG77&BG600L_Series_AT_Commands_Manual_V2.0.pdf (1.4 MB)

Hello herbert,

Thanks for this! I was finally able to register the module to the network, the problem was that there was no signal coverage when I started the module.

But next is I want this to be connected to the GPRS network. Do I just follow the Packet Domain Commands in the manual? How do I verify if the module is connected to the GPRS?

hi,Solenergy:
BG95-M3 can support GSM network, but you need to confirm that the SIM card you are using (or SIM card provider) supports GSM.
If your SIM card supports GSM network, please check the following “AT Command” carefully

AT+COPS
AT+CPOL

AT+QCSQ //Query and Report Signal Strength

hello herbert,

The SIM card I’m using supports the GSM network. Please see the log below:
AT+CPOL?
+CPOL: 1,2,“51502”,1,1,1,1
+CPOL: 2,2,“52501”,1,1,1,1
+CPOL: 3,2,“52502”,1,1,1,1
+CPOL: 4,2,“52001”,1,1,1,1
+CPOL: 5,2,“50502”,1,1,1,1
+CPOL: 6,2,“40410”,1,1,1,1
+CPOL: 7,2,“26201”,1,1,1,1
+CPOL: 8,2,“50212”,1,1,1,1
+CPOL: 9,2,“46697”,1,1,1,1
+CPOL: 10,2,“45400”,1,1,1,1
+CPOL: 11,2,“51010”,1,1,1,1
+CPOL: 12,2,“45501”,1,1,1,1
+CPOL: 13,2,“45005”,1,1,1,1

OK
AT+QCSQ
+QCSQ: “GSM”,-93

OK
AT+COPS?
+COPS: 0,0,“Globe Telecom-PH”,0

OK

It seems I’m already connected to the GSM network

hi,Solenergy:
You’re great!
You can try using the application protocol supported by our module for data interaction.
At the same time, you must carefully read the relevant application protocols used.
https://quectel123-my.sharepoint.cn/:u:/g/personal/ae-fae_dom_quectel_com_cn/EWqs6KH1J1RJsVdpXfClI5oBkbDk88VExMPyuNVL1zpJqQ?e=VPYHYN

hi herbert,

Thanks for these files! But I want to ask, if I want my embedded Linux device to send data to our server via HTTP posts over the 2G network, this means that I have to run the HTTP related AT commands on the modem?

Also, can I use the AT+QPING to ping to our server on this configuration just to check if the modem is able to connect to the server? I can’t do this pinging using the “ping” command in Linux?