BG95-M3 Main UART to UART 2 connection

Hi,
I’m working on my own project in QuecOpen SDK. I want to use voice calling reception (just for phone numbers recognition) I got the information from Quectel that there is no API for it, it is only available using AT-Commands. Can I connect directly Main UART (at commands) to UART2 (pins 22 and 23)? ( with software modification). Is there any hardware and/or software restriction?

Hello Maciej,

Which version are you using now?
check via AT+QGMR

B R
Linkin WANG

Hi,

You want connect UART to UART2 to send AT commands? if so, It’s not allow to do this.
you can use ATC PIPE to send AT commands instead of connect to UART2.
The most important is in BG95 series module, only R04 branch support voice but R04 not support QuecOpen solution.

B R
Linkin WANG

Hi,
I know I can use ATC PIPE to send AT commands but I don’t know how to get RING indicator. When someone is calling to the module, I want to read the phone number and hang up the call.
Regards
Maciek

Hi Maciek

Which FW version are you using now?

B R
Linkin WANG

Version BG95M3LAR02A03_01.014.01.014

So, It’s clear now, Based on R02 brach version not support voice call.

I don’t want to use voice transmission. Only phone number reading. My co-worker claims that when he was testing the evaluation board he got RING information on AT-PORT. It is the same module. ?? Is it possible to upgrade the software?

I’ve just check it. When I switch to GSM network I got RING on AT-PORT indication but i cannot send AT+CLIP=1 to read phone number.

For R04 branch version, it support voice and can grt RING, could you please
Check with you co-worker which version they used. and pls note this module
if Quectel’s module.

B R
Linkin WANG

Physically it is the same module (firmware BG95M3LAR02A03_01.014.01.014) . I also got RING on AT-PORT when I switch to GSM network AT+QCFG=“nwscanmode”,1,1

Can I upgrade software to R04?

Yes, but R04 fw not support SDK (open solution)

Hi,
I upgrated the firmware to R04 version. The module doesn’t work. I can’t even connect with the USB port. All diodes are off. When I restored R02 version it iworks OK again .