[BG95-M3] CME ERROR:13 on esim

Hi,
We have a customized PCB for BG95-M3 module with esim (ST4 SIM-200m). We were connected the module with the UART port, The module is responding correctly with AT commands.
We were facing problem with esim activation, When we give AT+QCCID we got +CME ERROR: 13
AT+CPIN we got +CME ERROR: 10.
What will be the issue for that?

Thanks
Shahas

Hi Shahas,

I saw your another post about BG95M3 not turning on. It seems that you have figured it out. Could you share how you solved this problem?

For this question, CME ERROR: 10 and CME ERROR: 13 represent (U)SIM not inserted and (U)SIM failure, respectively. If you use the schematic from the previous post, I suppose it’s because SIM_DATA is directly connected to VDD_SIM. That is, when the uSIM is inserted, SIM_DATA might always be high. Replacing the 20K ohm resistor with a 0 ohm might help.

Hi Soley,
Thanks for your support, we have replaced the 20k ohm resistor with 0 ohm resistor , But still its response is +CME ERROR:13.

Hi Shahas,

Thank you for your reply.

Could you measure the timing diagram of VDD_SIM, SIM_RST, SIM CLK and SIM_DATA while the card is inserting?

Could you also double check if the SIM card detection is disabled by sending ” AT+QSIMDET?” ? The function is disabled by default. In your design, the SIM_DET PIN is unconnected. If the first integer of the response is 1 (enable), the module will not recognize the inserted SIM card.

Hi Soley,
We are not using the usual sim card. We were using esim(ST4 SIM-200M) for our application.

By checking the command “AT+QSIMDET?” we got QSIMDET: 0,0

Ok

Hi Shahas,

Is it possible to measure the power-on timing diagram for the pins I mentioned above?

And What firmware version are you using?

Hi Shahas,

When connecting e-sim to modem , the NC pin do you leave it floating or Pull it down?

Thanks
kishen

Hi Soley,
We have changed our schematics as shown below, But still we are facing the same problem. I have checked VDD_SIM it is showing 0v. Can you please suggest what will be the issue.