[BG95-M3] CME ERROR:13 on esim activation

Hi,
We have a customized PCB for BG95-M3 module with esim (ST4 SIM-200m). We were connected the module with the UART port, The module is responding correctly with AT commands.
We were facing problem with esim activation, When we give AT+QCCID we got +CME ERROR: 13
AT+CPIN we got +CME ERROR: 10.
VDD_SIM is 0v.
What will be the issue for that?

Thanks
Shahas

Hi
You can try raising VDD_SIM voltage to 1.8V and try again

Hi,
Is it possible to give VDD_SIM voltage externally.

Thanks
Shahas

Hi
It is observed that the connection of the logic diagram is normal, please use the oscilloscope to detect whether there is 1.8V voltage AT AT+CFUN=0,AT+CFUN=1, if there is, it indicates that the module works normally. In addition, BG95M3 only supports 1.8V voltage eSIM, please check whether the eSIM card is compatible with the module.

Hi,
We have checked as you given, At VDD_SIM 1.8v is getting only when power is turned on only for 2s. Both AT+CFUN=0, AT+CFUN=1 getting 0v at VDD_SIM. Is there any problem with the module.

Thanks
Shahas

Hi,
Is it required to register the esim to network for detection.

Hi,
I’m sorry for the delay in my reply. If the voltage changes when the power is turned on, there will certainly be voltage changes when the AT+CFUN=0 and AT+CFUN=1 are executed sequentially. It is recommended to check whether ESIM is normal and whether it is compatible with BG95M3.

I’d check if those 33pF are interfering. Check the clk and i/o waveforms on a scope. They generally only appear at boot. Also check the “SIM_GND” is connected to 0V, no real need to differentiate.