BG95-M3 can't enter PSM after manually trigerring

Hi,
I am working on BG95-M3 module and trying to use PSM mode.
First enter into this mode, after turning on, seems to work properly - the measured current is 3-4 uA. The problem occurs when the module is triggered from PSM mode by PWRKEY or PON_TRIG. After that, the device can’t enter PSM mode, the measured current is 12-25 mA.
The solution for that problem is to send command AT+QPSMS=0, and again initialize by command AT+QPSMS=1,“00000100”,“00000001”. Unfortunately, it takes a lot of energy, which I try to minimise. Is it a bug in firmware? How can I resolve this problem?
I have the latest software, BG95M3LAR02A04_01.003.01.003.

Hi Kamil,

This is a normal happens, because PWRKEY or PON_TRIG to wake up from PSM, actuaklly the RRC is in a unknown satus at this moment , neigther Connect nor Release, so the T3412 timer canot be tiggered.
We suggest to do a qping after waked up to sync T3412 timer with NW.

B R
Linkin WANG

Hello @Linkin-Q ,
Even i am facing the same issue. i can enter only first time in PSM mode. wake up works fine. if i tried to enter into PSM again then it wont enter into PSM . i have to first write AT+CPSMS=0 then and then i can enter into psm. here is my at cmd list for PSM.
Can you share your view on this problem.

ENTER PSM:
AT+QCFG="psm/urc",1
AT+QCFG="psm/enter",1
"AT+CPSMS=1,"00111000","00000001"

EXIT_PSM:
wake up pulse on PON_TRIG
and then AT+CPSMS=0

Regards,
Dhola

Hi @Dhola

Yes, After waked up from PSM and you must to do something to sync with network. if not, the rrc actually state at a unknown status, so that’s why module cannot enter PSM again. but if you do a PING and module will sync with network and after T3324 timer expired module will enter PSM.

This is an expect behaviour.

hi @Linkin-Q ,

Thank you for your response. Can you tell me how can i make a ping request to reset T3324 timer.
do I also need to set new threshold value in order to enter PSM mode for below condition ?

AT+CPSMS=1,“00111000”,“00000001”

Regards,
Dhola

Hi @Dhola

reset new threshold should be OK, and also you can set a ping request AT+QPING=1,“8.8.8.8”
to sync with network after wakeup from PSM

Hi @Linkin-Q
I was able to put and wake up BG95 to/from PSM as often as i want but i have to send wake up bg95 commands two times always in order to do that.

should i use qping during entry of psm mode or during exit (wake up) or shoud i use qping request always before/after PSM mode.

or once i wake up using pon trig i should send qping request and wait till sync with network ?

This is my commnd implementation on MCU:

PSM comamnd :
AT+QCFG=“psm/urc”,1
delay_ms(100);
AT+QCFG=“psm/enter”,1
delay_ms(100);
AT+CPSMS=1,“00111000”,“00000001”
delay_ms(100);
wake up command
PON_TRIG pulse
delay_ms(300);
AT+CPSMS = 0;