BG95-M2 - EPS network SMS problem

Hi,

We are trying to send SMS using the BG95-M2 module, but it does not work.
With the same SIM-card, we can send SMS using exact same commands and an BG96 module.

EPS network is registrered.
CEREG
+CEREG: 0,1

But CREG is not.
+CREG: 0,3

How do we send an sms with EPS network ?

Best regards
Jakob

Hi jju

Since BG95-M2 support CATM1&NB2 network only , But BG96 support CATM& NB1&EGPRS&EDGE mode , so you are on 2G environment .

If you have to use B95 ,pls Using Bg95-M3 , it support EGRRS, and could send sms via 2G network .

Thank you for your reply.

If we look in the quicksheet for the BG95-M2, it seems that it should support SMS, but am I reading the quicksheet wrong ?

https://www.quectel.com/UploadFile/Product/Quectel_BG95_LPWA_Specification_V1.2.pdf

Hi

1. Pls send AT+QIACT? to check PDP status.

2. Pls lock your BG96 in catm or NB mode, send sms again ,If BG96 can send a message successfully, it means that it is not the problem of SIM card provision.

Hi,

1. AT+QIACT?
    OK

2. How do I lock it to only one mode ?

Thank you.

AT+QCFG=“nwscanmode”,3

Here is output (BG96 is working with sms):
Note, I have replaced my phone number with x’s in this message.

at+qcfg=“nwscanmode”

+QCFG: “nwscanmode”,3

OK

at+cmgf=1

OK
AT+CMGS=“+45xxxxxxxx”

hejsa
+CMGS: 48

OK

oh !

it seems that your BG95 module really has some problems.

pls send email to :support@quectel.com ,we will send to your modem log tool and do more analysis .

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi, my BG95-M2 cannot do

at+qcfg=“nwscanmode”
ERROR

firmware version:
+QAPPVER: 01.001.01.001
BG95M2LAR02A03_01.001V02.01.001V02.zip

and it can ping out after it is turned on, but it can only do ping for the first 10 seconds, then it cannot ping anymore, error code: 569

and it cannot send sms, error code: 332 (but the SIM card can receive SMS if used in another phone).

Please help, thanks!