BG77 - SMS only received at boot

Hello,

I am facing an issue about SMS with BG77 module.

When I send a SMS through LTEM network to my module, nothing is received in real time.
However, when I reboot my module, all the SMS are received at boot.

I believe all the URC indicators are configured well, because at boot I see both RingIndicator signal changing and a dedicated URC message :
00> bg77: =========> RI handler
00> +CMTI: “ME”,8

Is there something (an AT command ?) I need to use to receive my SMS in real time ?

Thanks per advance for your help,

1 Like

Pls send AT+CEDRXRDP to Query the status of your module , if EDRX feature has been enabled , The sms will be pended in core network for one perioid of PTW .

any more ifno , pls reach to : support@quectel.com

Checking the module status gives me “+CEDRXRDP: 0” + I tried to wait several minutes for receiving the SMS, but nothing happened.
Consequently this is not eDRX related I suppose.

I have the same problem

AT+CEDRXRDP

+CEDRXRDP: 0

Hi
Which FW version? AT+QGMR
Have you enabled PSM? when module received SMS during PSM, all SMSs will saved and report when boot.

Updated firmware from version BG77LAR02A04_01.006.01.006 to version BG77LAR02A04_01.009.01.009
I don’t use PSM, but I use Sleep Mode AT+QSCLK=1.
The host is woken up by a UART interrupt. Send URC set to UART1 AT+QURCCFG=“urcport”,“uart1”
After waking up and / or rebooting, I check for new messages with the AT + CMGL command, read them with the AT + CMGR command, answer SMS with the AT + CMGS command in PDU mode and delete them with the AT + CMGD command.
The host communicates with the module via a multiplexer (AT+CMUX=0). SMS is organized on the 2nd channel of the multiplexer, on the 1st channel at this moment a PPP connection is active.

Hi,
Can you please check AT+QCFG=“cmux/urcport” ?
And How about disable sleep then try to receive SMS, have you tried that?