BG 96 Delta Firmware for DFOTA update

We have many BG96 modules with BG96MAR02A08M1G_01.012.01.012 firmware and we need update it by DFOTA and we will need the Delta firmware for upgrade it. Another Delta firmware for downgrade will be apreciate too.
Can you send us the delta upgrade firmware or tell our how can we download it, please?
We don’t know which is the upgrade delta firmware versión for improve our current version

Thanks in advanced

Hello Alberto,

Please kindly find following link for this two-way delta:
https://cnquectel-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/linkin_wang_quectel_com/Efg5r7bRnjlPlQDYEHtAtXgBXQ02MxF78jIsD1BEcxYnBA?e=N6Hajc

B R
Linkin WANG

Hi Linkin,

Thanks for the reply, but I’m trying compress the .BIN file for the DFOTA procedure and the file .ZIP have any problem. I can see 506 error, if I put this update.zip in “fota” local folder and send the AT command AT+QFOTADL=1. (Quectel_BG96_DFOTA_User_Guide_V1.1 p.14 point 4.2).

Can you send me the compressed .BIN files in .ZIP format, please. Have you any Application Note about it? I don’t know what I do badly in the compression procedure.

Thanks in advanced.

Hello Alberto,

for ZIP format, have you tried just modify the .bin to .zip? no need to compress to zip.

B R
Linkin WANG

Hello Linkin,

Yes, I only modify the .bin to .zip. Now the BG96 module download from HTTP server the delta file, save it in “fota/update.zip” and install it with AT+QFOTADL=1 command, perfectly.
Now, my problem is with the command AT+QFOTADL=“<URL_HTTP_Server>/update.zip”.
I use the BG96_DFOTA_User_Guide_V1.1 p.13 point 4.1. For suppot me but , allways show me:

+QIND: “FOTA”,“HTTPSTART”

+QIND: “FOTA”,“HTTPEND”,701

All the comands in the example was OK, but finally, It show the error. Can you tell me the command AT+QFOTADL=“<URL_HTTP_Server>/update.zip” behaviour for undestand the fail?
The error 701 is “HTTP(S) unknown error” and it is really confuse. Because the HTTP comunication is OK by the other way that I explain you at the begining of this text.

Thanks

Hello Alberto

Please try to set FOTA APN then try again.

Hello Linkin,

The fota_apn is correctly config.
May be we need config the HTTP acces too or the command:
AT+QFOTADL=“<URL_HTTP_Server>/update.zip” do all of it?
I only set the FOTA procedure, like example in your BG96_DFOTA_User_Guide_V1.1 p.13 point 4.1
Is this enougth?

Thanks

Hello Alberto,

Are you using HTTP or HTTPS ?

HTTP:
For HTTP, there is no other commands need be configured except the deltas has been uploaded to server.

HTTPS:
For HTTPS, you need upload certs to datax folder and here are steps for renference:

AT+QFUPL=“EUFS:/datatx/CA.cert”,[CA_size],[timeout]
AT+QFUPL=“EUFS:/datatx/user.cert”,[user.crt_size],[timeout]
AT+QFUPL=“EUFS:/datatx/user_key.cert”,[user_key.crt_size],[timeout]

AT+QFOTADL=“<URL_HTTP_Server>/update.zip”

B R
Linkin WANG