BC95-G AT+CCIOTOPT always return error

Hello

I cannot change the CIoT Optimization setting in my BC95-G module. Each attempt to use +CCIOTOPT command results in an error. Is it a firmware issue or maybe i don’t meet some preconditions to use this command? I tried using it after +CFUN=0 and +CFUN=1. None worked.

ATI

Quectel
BC95-G
Revision:BC95GJBR01A07

OK

AT+CGMM

BC95GJB-02-STD

OK

AT+CGMR

SSB,V150R100C10B200SP1

SECURITY_A,V150R100C20B300SP7

PROTOCOL_A,V150R100C20B300SP7

APPLICATION_A,V150R100C20B300SP7

SECURITY_B,V150R100C20B300SP7

RADIO,Hi2115_RF0

OK

AT+CCIOTOPT?

+CME ERROR: 50

AT+CCIOTOPT=?

AT+CCIOTOPT=1,3,2

hi,daniel.dmitrzak:
I suggest you read the content in the link first. If there are still problems, we will continue to communicate.

Hi
I’ve read this thread previously when searching any posts mentioning CCIOTOPT command. Unfortunately didn’t find any answer there. Person who started the thread also had this command return Error 50. I’m aware that there is an AT command that allows me to explicitly send data over Control Plane, but that is not a solution in my case. I need to be sure that UE accepts and supports communication over User Plane during an attach. Otherwise the attach will fail.

hi,daniel.dmitrzak:
If you can’t send non-IP data from the control plane on the previous forum, the main reason is that the network you registered doesn’t support it.I am confused about your specific purpose, please explain in detail the specific business content you want to achieve through the control plane, thank you!

Hi herbert.pan
The thing is I want to use User Plane. Not Control Plane. The network I’m trying to connect to doesn’t support control plane which causes the Attach to fail. I’ve experienced it before with a Qualcomm UE, in it’s case the solution was to switch CIoT setting from Control Plane to User Plane. I assume that the same can be done on Quectel with command +CCIOTOPT but this command doesn’t seem to work.

hi,daniel.dmitrzak:
According to the network signaling logs we have obtained, “User plane CIoT EPS optimization” is not currently supported, although you can configure this parameter by AT command.

I also don’t know what purpose you are using user surface optimization or control surface optimization for, and what performance do you use to validate or test.
In normal cases, you do not need to set this parameter. The network and terminals reach an agreement during signaling interaction, and the network decides which optimization policy to adopt.

Hey
That confirms my suspicion that lack of User Plane support is the cause for my failed attach. So wich AT command can I use to change that? As mentioned before, CCIOTOPT does not work on my device.

In regards to my usecase, unfortunately i cannot share much details as it’s an ongoing development project. All i can say is that is not a “normal case”.

hi,daniel.dmitrzak:
I think it’s a good idea to capture and analyze logs to know if your network supports control plane optimization or user plane optimization!