[BC92] - GSM Connection Process

I’m attempting to establish a connection between a BC92 module and a GSM network but am encountering difficulties.

Below are the AT commands I’ve issued to the module:

RDY

+CFUN: 1

+CPIN: READY

ATE1
OK

AT+CFUN=0
OK

AT+CPSMS=0
OK

AT+CEDRXS=0
OK

AT+QNWCFG=0,1
OK

AT+QBAND=0
OK

AT+CGDCONT=1,“IP”,“kiteiot.vivo.com.br”
OK

AT+CGACT?

+CGACT: 1,0

OK

AT+CFUN=1
OK

I am asking for the signal quality each 2 seconds and the module still fails to detect the GSM signal. After an extended period, connects to the NBIoT network instead. Could anyone provide insights or suggestions to resolve this issue and establish a stable GSM connection?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

pls add a command

AT+CFGRATPRIO=2

then try again

Hi @herbert.pan-Q

I’ve implemented the commands you suggested (please see the attached file for reference).
However, I’m encountering an issue where it seems the context may not be active, as it’s resulting in an error.

Could you provide guidance on whether activating the context is necessary for these commands to function correctly?
log-bc92-gsm.pdf (69.7 KB)

Thank you!

when output +CREG:0,1
you need to run
AT+QIACT=1
AT+CGPADDR

@herbert.pan-Q

I’ve encountered an issue where the command AT+QIACT=1 consistently returns an error.

I’ve ensured that all preliminary steps are correctly executed and the necessary conditions for the command are met.
The detailed logs are attached for your reference. Could you please advise if there are additional configurations or steps required to resolve this error?
log-bc92-gsm.pdf (50.4 KB)

Thank you for your assistance.

Are you sure that your current SIM card supports GSM service?

@herbert.pan-Q

Is there any issue with configuring the GSM context using the following command?
AT+QCGDEFCONT=“IP”,“iot4u.br”,“arqia”,“arqia”

Is it not necessary to configure it via AT+CGDCONT or AT+QICSGP?

Thank you!

Yes, it supports GSM.

@herbert.pan-Q

For your information, I had to change the command AT+QCGDEFCONT by AT+CGDCONT for GSM connection.
bc92-gsm-connection-success-leoribg.pdf (65.7 KB)

My log is attached for the users who are facing the same situation as me.

Thank you!