BC92 documentation / AppNote

Good day! I have a question regarding the BC92 module. We want to send some data via NB-IoT via a CoAP protocol. I found an AppNote by Quectel for CoAP, that´s fine. But what I´m missing is a documentation how to connect to the NB-IoT network.

Which AT commands are necessary to do that? I see signal strength is good +CSQ 31,99. With AT+COPS I see some networks too. How do I continue? Is there an Application note or some documentation about it?

Quectel_BC65&BC92_CoAP_Application_Note_V1.0.pdf (275.2 KB)

Thanks but as I said, I already read that AppNote. But I´m missing the steps before: How to connect to a NB-IoT network? How to select the appropriate network type? DO I need to setup a PDP context? and all that… I only have the full AT commands reference, but is there a document which explains which steps I have to take to configure the module from default settings to get attached to an NB-IoT network?

I am using a BC92 TEB eval board with a thingsmobile-SIMcard with Austrian telecom. It gets automatically attached to the GPRS. My final state is this one: AT+COPS=1,2,“23203”
How can I proceed?

If you know the frequency band of your local NB-IOT network, you can lock that band and initiate a registration

AT+QBAND=

Thanks for the advice. I selected NB-IoT band 8 but it still doesn´t work. AT+COPS doesn´t return any networks with number “9”, even if I know that this area has NB-IoT coverage. Here is the full AT command list I am sending:

ATI
Quectel_Ltd
Quectel_BC92
Revision: BC92RBR01A05

AT+QSCLK=0
OK

AT+CSQ
+CSQ: 31,99

AT+COPS=?
+COPS: (2,“T-MobileA”,“T-MobileA”,“23203”),(1,“OrangeAT”,“OrangeAT”,“23205”)[,(0-4),(0-2)]

AT+QBAND=1,8
OK

AT+CGATT?
+CGATT: 1

AT+COPS?
+COPS: 1,2,“23203”,0

AT+CGPADDR=1
ERROR

AT+CSCON?
+CSCON: 0,0

What could be the problem?

So hello again, I solved the problem. The APN from the SIM Card was not valid and it had to be corrected manually.