[BC660K] How many timers OpenCPU supports

I’ve seen that there can be only 10 timers running in a single task.

But, it is not clear to me if that means:

a - 10 timers running at the same time? Ql_TIMER_Register(...); Ql_TIMER_Start(...);
b - 10 timers registered at the same time? Ql_TIMER_Register(...);

In my case, to keep a good organization in our source code (and readability), we have an enumeration to define each one of the TimerIds that we have, and this number is right now at the limit (10 timerIds), and it will be increased (let’s say 12).
But, that does not mean that we will have these 12 timers running at the same time. So far, I believe at most we have 3 of them running at the same time.

So, my question is about it: the 10 timers limit is related to timers running at the same time, or timers registered at the same time, or anything else?

Because, if it is a limit for timers registration, then we probably will need to Register and Delete the TimerIds as we switch between the 12 ones.

Hello.

The limit of 10 timers means that only 10 timers can run at the same time in a period.

"Ql_TIMER_Register(…)"The corresponding resource is called when you register. There are only 10 resources. You can define any handle you want, but there are only so many hardware resources.

1 Like

Hello @Grey.Tu-Q

Follow up to this question:

What happen or what I should expect if I use more than 10 timers?
Being more specific, what is the behavior once I have, for example, 12 timers?