[BC660K-GL] Cannot deactivate PDP context CGACT=0,0

Can anyone explain what is going on here? Many thanks! N.B. according to the AT commands manual it should be possible to deactivate PDP context CID=0

AT+CGDCONT?

+CGDCONT: 0,"IP","XXX.XXX.XXX","XX.XXX.XXX.XX"

OK
AT+CGACT?

+CGACT: 0,1

OK
AT+CIPCA?

+CIPCA: 3,0

OK
AT+QCGDEFCONT?

+QCGDEFCONT: "IP","IOT.1NCE.NET",,,,0

OK
AT+CGACT=0,0

+CME ERROR: unknown error
AT+CGPADDR?

+CGPADDR: 0,"XX.XXX.XXX.XXX"

OK

log indicates that the IP address is obtained successfully, and the PDP is automatically activated. Activation via AT is not required

Hi @herbert.pan-Q , thanks for the response.
Indeed the PDP is automatically activated. However I’d like to be able to deactivate the PDP context (which should be possible according to the AT command manual), but that doesn’t seem to be possible. Why is that?

And in case you were wondering, the reason I want to be able to deactivate the PDP context is outlined in this article:

Misconfigured devices which for example may activate the PDP context without deactivating it first can quickly start having connectivity problems

you run
at+cgatt=0
or
at+cgact?
at+cgact=

What I do to deactivate PDP context CID 0 is:

And as is shown, that does not work. Earlier in the command sequence I do AT+CGATT=1 to attach to the network (and obtain an IP address).

My personal understanding is related to the automatic activation of PDP bearer by default, and I suggest you use AT+CGATT=0 to solve it

okay thanks, I’ll try to work with that.
If you do manage to find out why it’s not possible to use the CGACT=0,0 command then I’d still be interested to know!
Best wishes,