BC660K Cannot go into DeepSleep with CFUN=1

Hello,

I’m using the Quectel BC660k in a personal design, where I’m able to get excellent power consumption (aka the module goes into DEEPSLEEP according to URC) if after I’m finished I do AT+CFUN=0.

If I don’t, even with AT+QSCLK=1, the module only emits the Enter PSM URC, but it never goes into DEEP SLEEP which is the mode that we are most interested in due to low power consumption since in my design, with PSM I’m getting 80uA sleep total and with DEEPSLEEP URC I’m getting 14uA total.

The module is using PSM and has DRX disabled.

I would like to thank you in advance for your time.

I think the inability to enter DEEPSLEEP is related to your PCB design, and I suggest you just test the modules

Any tips on what could be causing this? We are using transistors for the RST, EXT_PSM pins, but we have a different design that drives them directly at 1.8V and that one gets PSM working fine. We also have the A04 revision of FW, is there a newer one?

I have sent you the latest firmware version, please try again; But I recommend testing the modules separately

The default transister level shifter for txd and rxd stop the bc660 from entering psm mode. If youve used them, you need to redesign the board

Hello. I’m having a similar problem with BC660K-GL and I’m working with its EVB.
In my case, the first time the module sets the T3412 and T3324 timers and it comes the time for the first PSM cycle, the module enters in PSM mode and in DEEP SLEEP mode. However, after the following TAU message when it’s time for the second PSM cycle it enters in PSM mode but never in DEEP SLEEP mode. Then, after the third TAU message, the module goes into PSM and DEEP SLEEP mode, but after the fourth TAU message it doesn’t and so on. That is to say, the module alternates one PSM cycle in which it enters in DEEP SLEEP mode and one in which it doesn’t.
Any idea about what’s going on here @herbert.pan-Q? Thanks in advance for the help.

Quectel_EPAT操作指导与参考(CN&EN)_BC260Y&BC660K&BC28F&BC95GF&BC300Y.pdf (2.1 MB)
I hope you can grab the debug log and provide me to analyze it