BC66 failure when sending to domain name

Dear,

I have an issue when i try to send data to an Ip adresse by openingn a socket like this:
print(“AT+QIOPEN=1,0,“UDP”,“xx.xxx.xx.xx”,2204\r”);
Its workign but when i send to the domain name it’s not

print(“AT+QIOPEN=1,0,“UDP”,“telegraf.hello.io”,2204\r”);
Its not working

could you please help ?

Kind regards

Hi Zineddine
AT+QIOPEN does not support domain name connections and only supports IP addresses.
You can use AT+QIDNSGIP to resolve the domain name into an IP address, and then execute AT+QIOPEN.

Could you please show me an example caus i dont understand?
the quiopen in the documention say that we can use a domain name
doc:
+QIOPEN: (1-3),(0-4),“TCP/UDP”,“<IP_address>/”,<remote_port>,<local_port>,(0-1)[,(0-1)]

regards,

Hi Zineddine
Routine operation:
TCP

1 Like

Hi,

when i send the command i have serval time ERROR before its work wel do you have any ideas why?

regards,

Hi Zineddine
error is because DNS resolution failed.
AT+QIDNSCFG=1,“114.114.114.114”,”8.8.8.8”
Set to the DNS server address you think is available.

Hi i got an error when i try to configure the dns.
print(“AT+QIDNSCFG=1,“12.224.255.252,212”.“224.255.254”\r”);
should be ok i suppose ?

i have also found something with my telecom provider.
They provide a dns when we configure the APN but this one is not used in my module the one that is used is this one: http://dns2.ctcdma.com/

could you please help

Hi Zineddine
AT+QIDNSCFG=1,12.224.255.252,212.224.255.254
NOTES:
1、If the network supports IPv4, then only IPv4 DNS addresses can be set.
2、The DNS server address should be configured after IP address URC (e.g. +IP: 10.18.237.42,
indicating successfully registered to network) is reported.
3、The configuration is not saved to NVRAM, so re-configuration is required after next reboot and deep
sleep wake-up.

They provide a dns when we configure the APN but this one is not used in my module the one that is used is this one: [http://dns2.ctcdma.com/ ]
【Abner】I am sorry, I did not understand the question clearly. Could you share more detail about this issue? Thank you.

software version error

Hi Zineddine
software version error?ATI command Query software version.
confirm the DNS server address should be configured after IP address indicating successfully registered to network is reported.

hi abner
yes it was a sowftare version error i had version 05 when i updated to 07 everthing works

Hi Zineddine
05 version does not support DNS modification.