AT+COPS=0 and automatic PLMN selection criteria

Hello,

I am wondering how does AT+COPS=0 work when selecting the PLMN in an automatic manner.

1. What is the selection criteria?

2. Does it take into account the signal strength of available operators within its current geographical range?

3. After performing the automatic PLMN selection, if it does not achieve a succesful attach, does it change to another PLMN automatically too?

4. If it does not change, does the module try to attach constantly to the same PLMN? How often (with what peridicity) does it try to attach again?

Thanks and best regards,
Asier

hello, could you please share your module type and current firmware version?

Sure! I have been working with a BC95-GV, but I am currently waiting to receive a BG95-M3 that I bought. From the BC95-GV I can share the following AT command info:

ATI
Quectel
BC95-GV
Revision:BC95GVBAR02A02

AT+CGMR
SEBoot,V100R001C00SPC030
PROTOCOL,V100R001C00SPC030
APPLICATION,V100R001C00SPC030
SEMain,V100R001C00SPC030
RADIO,RF_020201_202111101001

From the BG95-M3 I can not tell anything since I am still waiting for the delivery. However, I am really interested in the answers for this model too.

Hello, was that information enough? I am still really interested in the topic.

1、the order of PLMN selection is:RPLMN → EHPLMN/HPLMN → VPLMN → UPLMN → OPLMN
2、Generally, it is necessary to determine whether the SIM card belongs to a local SIM card or a roaming SIM card. If it is a local SIM card, the terminal can successfully select the local radio network through HPLMN. If it is a roaming SIM card, the terminal selects EHPLMN or HPLMN for network selection;Radio network signals are related to the ability and speed of terminal access, independent of PLMN selection.
3、Yes, it can do, the module is generally selected by reading the PLMN in the SIM card file
4、Module attachment is related to many factors, and the specific problems need specific analysis