AT Commands RG502Q-EA - RSSI, RBs, TBS, and Uplink Metrics in 5G SA

Hello,

I am looking at the Quectel_RG50xQRM5xxQ_Series_AT_Commands_Manual_V1.2 documentation to see which RSSI, the number of resource blocks (RBs), the transport block size (TBS), and uplink metrics can be accessed.

Is there a way to read the RBs or TBS using AT commands?

Since I did not find them, I tried to use ‘RSSI’ to calculate an approximation for RBs using using the ‘3GPP TS 36.214 version 14.2.0 Release 14’ document which says I need RSSI for this calculation.

For example, it is possible to read ‘RSSI’ in LTE and EN-DC modes under ‘5.20. AT+QENG Query Primary Serving Cell and Neighbour Cell Information’. However, there is no ‘RSSI’ metric for 5G SA connections.

Another example is that it is possible to read ‘NR_DL_bandwidth’ for 5G SA connections under ‘5.20. AT+QENG Query Primary Serving Cell and Neighbour Cell Information’. However, there is no corresponding ‘NR_UL_bandwidth’ field. In LTE mode, there are fields for ‘UL_bandwidth’ and ‘DL_bandwidth’.

Is it possible to access uplink modulation, too?

Are these limitations of 3GPP specification or the modem itself?

Best,
Birkan

Dear @birkandenizer
Currently, we don’t have AT command to get the information you mentioned above.

Dear @silvia,

Thank you for your reply.

Is ‘Quectel_RG50xQRM5xxQ_Series_AT_Commands_Manual_V1.2’ the latest version of AT command manual?

Are there other Quectel modems that I can access the RBs or TBS metrics? Maybe newer modems that support newer 3GPP releases?

Finally, what is the minimum querying (e.g., 100 ms or 1 second) interval for AT commands?

Best,
Birkan

Dear @birkandenizer
V1.2 is the latest one.
Actually, we don’t have AT command rto get the information.

AT commands have synchronous and asynchronous, if synchronous, you need to wait the response, then execute next one. Most AT commands are synchronous and it is hard to say the response of AT command.
You can put the interval for a longer, please refer to maximum response time in the AT document.

Dear @silvia,

Thank you for your response. I will check the documentation.

Best,
Birkan