AT command interface over UART and USB together

Dear All,
I have used AT command interface over UART channel. There a use case where I am needing to use AT command interface over USB also. My application is demanding to have both interfaces - UART and USB - used together for AT command interface but I am not sure if this works in real time implementation.

Additionally, I want to understand how the network related parameter handling will be when I will establish both interfaces together.

If anyone has tried this or has understanding of this design, please provide guidance for me.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Best Regards,
Suhas K

Hello sir, it should work.
And which Quectel module do you have?

Hello,
Thanks for the updates. I am using either EC20 or EC200 Quectel modem. One target is using EC20 and other target is using EC200.

Suhas K.

There is no problem to use the main uart and USB port at the same time.
Do you need the AT manual or do you not know how to set up internet connection?

Hi,
I have AT commands manual with me. I have used these commands over UART for establishing connection. Can you provide any application note which will help me use both interfaces UART and USB together? I am trying to understand how network related different attributes (e.g. URC) will be handled when both interfaces are active. Do I get to know as a part of AT response which channel an attribute is linked with?

Please help me understand such use cases. Thanks.

Suhas K

The information reported by the module is divided into two categories, one is actively reported, called Unsolicited response, and the other is called solicited response, which is reported after we actively send AT commands.
For Unsolicited response, there is an AT command configuration, and the default is that the USB AT port will report it. For solicited response, the port from which you send the AT command will return the result.

Hello,
Can I use UART and USB at the same time in BG95-M6 as well?
In my test environment, if I submit an AT command from USB after connecting to the Socket via UART, the Socket connection is closed.

Please don’t use the same cid.

Is cid a contex id?

Normal AT commands (e.g. ATE1) will also disconnect
A few seconds after sending “ATE1” via USB, “+QSSLURC:” is received on the UART