Anyone who has worked with RM500U-CN?

and the terminal output please

I am currently using RNDIS mode so I don’t think I need to run that?

My understanding you need it in either case and I suggest switching to ECM.

OMGGG! I switched to ECM and ran that command and it’s working now.
WHAT DOES THAT COMMAND DO?

Ok, now

AT+QCFG="nat",0
at+qnetdevctl=1,3,1
at+cfun=1,1

When the modem is back just run your DHCP client and see whether it will work without additional commands.

I just realised that I suggested the wrong sequence of commands in my earlier post.
Reset command should be used before at+qnetdevctl, not after and at+qnetdevctl should be issued after the modem is back after reset.

One more thing to mention: the new drivers produced by the Waveshare script are too big, you can compare the sizes between the old and new files. Their build script probably needs some tweaking but that is outside of my area of expertise.

What does this command do? Looks like this command is what enables it to work.

Yup. It works after I run these followed by the DHCP client.

AT+QCFG="nat",0
at+qnetdevctl=1,3,1
at+cfun=1,1

Thank you for checking.
The command is described by Quectel as 该命令用于执行/断开PDP 拨号。

This command is used to perform/disconnect PDP dialing (Google translate)

See: https://www.quectel.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/Quectel_EG060V-EA_USBnet_Call_Application_Note_V1.0.pdf

1 Like

Does this work both for 4G and 5G? I saw somewhere where it mentions this makes a call for 4G connection. And this coincides with my current issue that I am not able to register or connect to a 5G network after I put in 1,3,1 for at+qnetdevctl followed by a reset.

What contexts have you got defined?

AT+CGDCONT?

From looking at the documentation above, I’d be trying AT+QNETDEVCTL=3,1,0 if I had one of these modems.

Only 1 and 11. APN on 1 is the operator name and APN 11 is ims, which I don’t need. So 1,3,1 seems like the only option.

I need it to work on startup so I need the second parameter to be 3 anyways. Also the order of the parameters seem to be different from what I saw online. at+qnetdevctl=? shows (1-11), (0-3), (0,1)

AT+QNETDEVCTL=<op>,<contextID>[,<URC_enable>]

Context ID is the second argument, so I recommend trying 1 for that.

3 in the first argument means:

Make a call and automatically remake a call after disconnecting from the network, and automatically make a call after startup

If I do that it creates a new pdp context 3 with a null APN name. Mind you, with 1,3,1 I am getting the desired dialup on startup and I am able to connect to the internet. But it’s only working with LTE. And it’s not registering to 5G even when under a 5G coverage area.

That’s a strong indication that the command syntax is different on your modem from that on the EG060V the documentation refers to.

I’m not aware of any dependency between this command and RAT (3/4/5G).

Are you seeing 5G signal in the AT+COPS=? result?

Is your SIM 5G-capable, and proven to be in another device?

AT+COPS? Is showing 4G. Yes, I have checked that the sim cards are 5G capable with a 5G capable smartphone.

If I don’t have the dialup set on startup, AT+COPS? and AT+C5GREG? both return confirmation of 5G registration.

After I run AT+QNETDEVCTL=1,1,1, it switches to LTE. Sometimes the "servingcell" output is SEARCHING, and it never finds a cell untill I reset 1 or 2 times.

Also my "mode_pref" is set to NR5G.

Just in case of a misunderstanding, AT+COPS? and AT+COPS=? are very different commands.

Oh, my bad. The AT+C5GREG? shows 0,0 and AT+QENG="servingcell" shows "LTE", ig that confirms it anyways?

Also AT+CEREG? shows 0,1.

Ok. So the operator I was using actually operates on 5G NSA bands. It only switches to 5G when a minimum threshold has been achieved.