Alternative possession methods

Hello support team!

I’m interested in using alternative possession methods like OTDOA or UTDOA
And all I want to know is
Do you have and module that supports PRS (Position reference signals) or SRS (Sound reference signals)

Thank for your time,
Best regards
Liav

OTDOA (Observed Time Difference Of Arrival) is a positioning feature introduced in rel9 E-UTRA (LTE radio). It’s a multilateration method in which the UE measures the time difference between some specific signals from several eNodeBs and reports these time differences to a specific device in the network (the ESMLC);

The QLBS currently used in Quectel modules are based on OTDOA technology;

Please confirm if your customer only needs the unique NB module for OTDOA;

The base station positioning realized by the only NB module may not be supported, mainly because the base station database of NB is not shared;

I recommend that customers choose catm or cat1/cat4 modules.
If you plans to achieve base station positioning by OTDOA technology, the general operation is as follows:
1)Execute AT+QENG=“servingcell”, AT+QENG=“neighbourcell”,AT+COPS? to Get MCC,MNC,LAC/TAC,cellid;
2)Then, He can get latitude and longitude through this website https://opencellid.org/
You need to pay attention to
1.Base station location depends on the base station database. Usually the NB base station database is not shared, and the database in opencellid may be incomplete or only partial
2.If the customer’s product has high requirements for positioning accuracy and real-time performance, it is suggested that base station positioning is only used as compensation. Such products need to add positioning chips or positioning modules to achieve accurate positioning

Hey
First of all thanks for the quick response

I’m currently using bg77 using cat m1
If I used all the commands what is the next steps?

Can bg77 can even supports OTDOA? And position reference signals?

BG77 comes with GNSS positioning. Why do you need to use the OTDOA?

I’m currently working on solutions to when Gnss is jammed as a final project I already used machine learning fingerprinting, ECID and I’m trying to sum it all with OTDOA

OTDOA is also limited indoors, and you may need to add a WIIF SCAN

So let’s say I want to use OTDOA with all it throwbacks what are the steps so I could use this protocol

1)Execute AT+QENG=“servingcell”, AT+QENG=“neighbourcell”,AT+COPS? to Get MCC,MNC,LAC/TAC,cellid;
2)Then, He can get latitude and longitude through this website https://opencellid.org/