A/B upgrade with stream way

Hi @Louis.Huang-Q
Does “A/B upgrade with stream way” support AG215?

Regards
Nam

Hi,

Yes, A/B upgrade with stream way is supported commonly on Quectel’s modules.

BR,
Louis

Hi @Louis.Huang-Q
But In document of AG215, It only has “AB upgrade with Library way”.Can you send me document of AG215 about it.

Regards
Nam

Hi,

Please turn to your sales agent for the document “AG215S Series QuecOpen
A/B System Update Guide

For the stream method, I believe you will need to store the firmware to your own server.

BR,
Louis

Hi @Louis.Huang-Q
i had it but It doesn’t mention about "stream way "for AG215S

Regards
Nam

Hi,

I’ve double checked it, AG215 does not support stream update. Sorry for the inconvenience.

BR,
Louis

Hi @Louis.Huang-Q
No problem.Thank you

Regards
Nam

Hi @Louis.Huang-Q. I got the struct of update.qwe package for streamway.Example:
I got that: [system] is partition name , sa515m-sysfs.ubi is image name.

In my project, i want to create A file in usrdata folder. Can I upgrade A file with stream way? If possible What is the name of this partition which involve usrdata folder?

Regards
Nam

Hi Nam,

Files in /usrdata will not be upgraded, you, as user, need to upgrade it from application side.

BR,
Louis

Thank @Louis.Huang-Q for your information
I understand that other folders same usrdata folder, right?
I want to choose a folder, which will store my file.txt. but this folder doesn’t easily lost the data. Because usrdata folder often lost the data when i use AB update and some folders just allow read the data.
Can you recommend for me?

Regards
Nam

Hi,

You can just create your own folder in /root directory, and mount with write-protected partition.
For other folders, there are often many different partitions will be mounted to them, so it’s difficult to recommand.

BR,
Louis

Thanks @Louis.Huang-Q
When i use A/B update with above package after that in all folders of AG550. where can i find sa515m-sysfs.ubi?
Regards
Nam

Hi,

sysfs is mounted on /sys.

BR,
Louis

@Louis.Huang-Q So I can’t directly see sa515m-sysfs.ubi?

Regards
Nam

Hi Nam,

sa515m-sysfs.ubi is an image file, it’s in the firmware package, you cann’t see it from the directory.

BR,
Louis

@Louis.Huang-Q
How many partitions in AG550? Can I config the parttiions?

Regards
Nam

Hi Nam,

You can refer to the document Quectel_AG55xQ&AG57xQ_Series_QuecOpen_Partition_Modification_Guide_V1.1.pdf

And please contact your sales agent for the access of this document.

BR,
Louis

Thank for your suggestion.

Regards
Nam

Hi @Louis.Huang-Q In /ag550_bsp/tools/fota/qwe_package_tools/config/qwepackage.cfg has some image.
I have a question. When create update.qwe. Does it neel there images?

Hi @Louis.Huang-Q
In AG550 and AG215 have alone partition and A/B partition.With Single partition, Can It be updated with A/B Update? Thanks

Regards
Nam