SMS messages error CMS 350

Those results look just fine.

I take it you still can’t send SMSs however. Sadly, you’re close to exhausting my knowledge on the subject.

There’s one more setting we should check, but I don’t expect it to be incorrectly set. What does this AT command return?

AT+CGSMS?

I have now tested a different SIM card and am running into new problems. I have now an AT&T card where I have followed the same setting up process and I am able to clear the troubleshooting with no errors yet I have no internet connection. Interestingly enough I was able to send SMS messages from this pin. I had first recieved the same CMS 350 error until I changed the QCFG to match the ims on the AT&T card.

By no errors I mean I went through the troubleshooting steps on the link I included before and recived the appropriate answers.

I’m not sure if this gives you anymore clues or context.
I tried changing both the vzwims and vzwinternet and regular ims to spot 1 and 3 individually and then lining up the QCFG to its respective spot. However I was unable to set QCFG=“ims”,3. It seems like I can only set it to spot 1 or 2. (Not sure why this would be?)
I have QCFG=“usbnet”,1 as this is a part of the initial setup instructions. Let me know if you have any ideas on either the AT&T card or verizon.

On the AT&T card AT+CGSMS returns 1 and on the Verizon card it returns 3.

Currently using the AT&T card. I am unable to ping anything strangely but able to send SMS

AT+CGDCONT?
1 - broadband
2 - ims
3 - SOS

AT+QCFG=“ims”
“ims”,1,0

AT+QCFG=“usbnet”
“usbnet”,1

AT+CPIN?
Ready

AT+CEREG?

AT+CGCONTRDP
1,5,broadband, (a bunch of IPs)

The AT+QCFG="ims",<value> command takes only 0, 1 or 2 for <value>, as can be seen from the AT+QCFG=? result.

<value> is not the context ID. It applies to whatever context is configured for IMS.

0 = IMS is enabled or disabled by the active MBN file.
1 = enable IMS unconditionally.
2 = disable IMS unconditionally.

This puts the modem into ECM mode. We have found that ECM mode does not work with all modem and SIM combinations. You may need to use QMI or MBIM mode instead, and take steps to activate the data connection instead of relying on ECM mode doing that automatically.

Please use AT+CGSMS=2 to set the modem to “packet domain preferred”.

The value of 1 means “circuit-switched only”. This requires the modem to drop back to 3G/UMTS/WCDMA to send or receive SMSs. The value of 3 means “circuit-switched preferred”. You’ll want to use “packet-domain”, as neither 4G nor 5G supports circuit-switched connections of any sort.

This SIM probably doesn’t require IMS for SMS transport, making any IMS setting redundant. IMS is new and less commonly used. Where it is, it sometimes requires the sort of special attention discussed in this thread.

There’s no mention of context 2 being active there. So SMS isn’t using IMS.

Is there somewhere I can read more about the modes (ECM, QMI, MBIM)?

Also, do you have any idea on how to get the AT&T card to work with both internet and sms. Would a factory reset work? Do you think it is from any settings I changed trying to get the verizon card to work? The AT&T sim has been tested with another kit and works perfectly fine.

What hardware are you using to interface to the modem?

As far as I know, both data and SMS work concurrently with an RM502Q on hardware running ROOter (as firmware). This supports QMI, ECM and MBIM modes, with switching between them being a menu item.

That’s worth a try, but avoid doing this regularly.

This is also a possibility.

Would updating the firmware reset the settings to default?

I’m not sure what you mean by hardware I’m using to interface the modem. I have a RPI4 and the sixfab 5g hat kit while using minicom to access it.

That’s one for a Quectel engineer to answer.

ROOter is available for the Raspberry Pi 4 if you’d like to try it: ROOter Autobuilds

It comes with picocom included, rather than minicom.

i M GETTING SAME PROBLEM . GETTING
the a “+CMS ERROR: 350” result immediately after entering the AT+CMGS=“nnnnnnnn” command

Please give some context.

What model modem?

What SIM?

What does AT+CGDCONT? return?

What (if anything) have you already tried to identify the problem?

SIR ,
I CAN RECIEVE SMS BUT I CANNOT SEND SMS WHEN I TRY TO DO IT . IT GIVES CMS ERROR:350 .

“NNNNNNNNNN” THIS IS FINE NO I M USING.

AT+CSCA?
+CSCA: “6394277144”,129

OK
AT+CMGF=1
OK
AT+CMGS=“NNNNNNNNNN”

KBKVB
+CMS ERROR: 350

i have tried by adding ‘+’ in my csca number +6394277144 ; and ‘+91’ also +916394277144 91 is country code. but the results are same +cms error 350.

WHEN I TRIED FIRST TO WRITE INTO THE MEMORY USING CMGW AND THEN SEND USING CMSS.
THEN THE ERROR IS SAME:::-

AT+CMGW=“NNNNNNNNNN”

THIS IS A TESTING WRITE
+CMGW: 20

OK
AT+CMSS=20
+CMS ERROR: 350

model modem::::
Quectel
RM510Q-GL
Revision: RM510QGLAAR11A04M4G

SIM:::
+COPS: 0,0,“IND airtel airtel”,7

OK

AT+CGDCONT?
+CGDCONT: 1,“IPV4V6”,“”,“0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0”,0,0,0,0,“”,0
+CGDCONT: 2,“IPV4V6”,“ims”,“0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0”,0,0,0,0,“”,0
+CGDCONT: 3,“IPV4V6”,“sos”,“0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0”,0,0,0,1,“”,0

OK

+CPIN: READY

OK
+CREG: 0,1

OK

PLEASE GIVE ANY SOLUTION .
WHERE ARE CHANCES OF ERROR IN MY DEVICE.
AND HOW TO RECTIFY IT.

AT+CGSMS?

+CGSMS: 0

OK

That SMSC address does not appear in the Airtel list here: Airtel SMS Center Number Details All States & UN in India